Had my scan done.

Bundle of joy

Reaction score
Had a scan today through being so impatient. Everything looks where it's meant to, they have knocked me back a week, said the fetal pole is there and it's high in my womb, no heart beat yet but said its looking good. Really surprised I'm a week less though? Is this a common thing?

I think its hard for them to measure them so early on. Your twelve week scan will give you A clearer date. I had my last af on may 12th 2014 i counted 40 weeks from then and got the 16th feb 2015. My midwife got the 19th feb 2015 and my scan gave me the 11th feb 2015. I went overdue and gave birth on the 21st feb. i honestly think you cant judge it this early xx

I can't remember my last period you see, but I was convinced it was around the 8th of December. So had the scan done today and they have said around 4 maybe 5 weeks. Not even offering me
Another scan until 12 weeks told me
I need to pay for 1 if I want 1. So is this a common thing? Xx

Yeah i know loads of people whos dates were out by around a week. My midwife said its how they do it now and they have noticed alot more ladies being induced since. Id wait till 12 weeks and itl be alot clearer then. How are you feeling? When did you find out xx

I found out 2 weeks ago this Wednesday, I'm feeling better for having the scan knowing that there is something there now and they made
Me
Feel better telling me all is looking well :)
Xxx

Even a mm off in measurement and it will change the dates. They are tiny to measure so early! I think when baby gets bigger it will give you a more accurate date :)

Thank you! I wish I had seen the heart beat though, the person that did it was really rushing , xxx

My first scan was also behind by a week but I was sure of my dates as I was using opks and got a bfp at 9dpo so a week out would have meant a bfp at 2dpo!!

I was totally panicked after my mmc in the summer and drove myself mad on Google. I ended up booking another scan a week and a half later. At the second scan (8w6 days) I had caught up and measured exactly on dates. At my official dating scan 13+4 I was actually put forward a day.

My first scan was also behind by a week but I was sure of my dates as I was using opks and got a bfp at 9dpo so a week out would have meant a bfp at 2dpo!!

I was totally panicked after my mmc in the summer and drove myself mad on Google. I ended up booking another scan a week and a half later. At the second scan (8w6 days) I had caught up and measured exactly on dates. At my official dating scan 13+4 I was actually put forward a day.

What did they say you was when you went? And what did you expect to be xx

I had a scan at 7weeks 4 days and was measuring a week behind. My 12 weeks 4 days scan was last week and I'm now bang on with my dates going by my last period. I think it's just too early to be accurate, don't panic

I expected to be be 7 weeks and they told me I was a maximum of 6

If they can see fetal pole how soon should the heart beat be seen?

I'm not sure exactly how long but the foetal pole would be visible before the heartbeat. You can usually see heartbeat from 6 weeks. 5-6 weeks you would expect a foetal pole but not necessarily a heartbeat yet.

Did they mention if you had a tilted uterus? Mine is tilted and that makes it more difficult to see early on.

If they didn't confirm viability at your scan you would usually be offered a rescan? What did the sonographer say? Did they seem concerned?

No they was not concerned but they said they won't offer a re scan until 12 weeks now and I thought that was really unfair considering I didn't see a heart beat. They said everything looks how it should though and put me around5 weeks.
They said I need to go private and pay for a scan if I want another over the next week or 2. So that will be 100 pounds around here. Yes they said usually the 7 week mark
Should see a heart beat, just annoyed they won't rescan me in 2 weeks or something. I was a bit sad aswel she wouldn't even show me the screen as she was doing it, she was really moody and rushing' xx

Also another thing I wanted to add,last Saturday "9 days Ago" I did a clear blue digital and that said 2-3. That's 4-5 weeks? So I would be 6 weeks now like I calculated?

Do you have a This is my clinic near you? They offer an anytime reassurance scan for £50. That's what I had and it was great. We got to see and hear the heartbeat.

Oh yeah just checked there's one in Manchester thank you! The rest are 100+ thank you! When do you think I should have another scan done?

Probably in 10-14 days if you want to see something. Not knowing your lmp makes it hard to guess. I bet you are just a week or so less than you thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->