Had my scan today

Lisa2701

Reaction score
So I had my scan today and my official due date is 11th of June - just 15 days before my 30th birthday! After 5 years of trying I couldn't think of a better 30th gift :cloud9:

https://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/Lisa2606/imagejpg2_zps211f989d.jpg
https://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/Lisa2606/imagejpg1_zps9c057c7a.jpg
https://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/Lisa2606/imagejpg3_zps6372fc20.jpg

What do we think? Boy or girl?

P.s. Does anyone else think I have a weird shaped uterus? They didn't say anything but its not the nice round uterus most scan photos show?

Aww what a lovely 30th present, and if bubs is on time you should get a birthday drink too haha!

Couldn't ask for a better present. :cloud9: I hope to breastfeed so still no birthday drink but I'm not much of a drinker so I'm not worried about that :winkwink: I'd settle for being at home surrounded by my family and my new bundle of joy :cloud9: and a nice meal

Congratulations hunny. That's definitely a great scan pic of your lil one. If this is your first child your uterus is smaller more kidney shaped as the baby grows. But after it will be more circular and remain that way pretty much.

Congrats!! :happydance: What beautiful scan photos! I can't imagine a better birthday present :)

Thank you everyone, I am absolutely smitten with my little muffin. Can't stop looking at the pics :cloud9: This little one took 5 years, 2 miscarriages and 11 and a half stone of weight loss to conceive, s/he is so precious to the entire family. :cloud9:

Congratulations hunny. That's definitely a great scan pic of your lil one. If this is your first child your uterus is smaller more kidney shaped as the baby grows. But after it will be more circular and remain that way pretty much.

This is my second hun, however my DS is 10 years old so its been a loooong time since my uterus had to do any work so maybe thats all it is :haha: Maybe also explains why I haven't even a hint of a bump if my uterus is staying cosy for now. With my DS I was showing by this point, my DH even asked my last night when I was likely to get a bump :shrug:. I was so big with my DS they had me in for growth scans etc. He turned out a very average 7lbs 4.5oz, but I was carrying a swimming pool worth of water with him :haha:

There such beautiful pics and such a stunning little bubba, I have no idea idea about gender predictions but wishing you all the best x

I'd love to know why qualities are so different. My pics were awful quality. Not even as good as my sisters 1st ever scan 17yrs ago. Really disappointed. Know it sounds daft but after all the trouble we have had and how long this 11w+ has been had my hopes on some good quality pics :(

There such beautiful pics and such a stunning little bubba, I have no idea idea about gender predictions but wishing you all the best x

I'd love to know why qualities are so different. My pics were awful quality. Not even as good as my sisters 1st ever scan 17yrs ago. Really disappointed. Know it sounds daft but after all the trouble we have had and how long this 11w+ has been had my hopes on some good quality pics :(

Aw Hun, I know what you mean. I expected a good scan photo at 11 weeks (as in to see a proper little baby with arms/legs etc) and I was shocked that baby still looked like a bean (my avatar is my 11 week scan photo). My mum was with my at the 11 week scan and commented that the quality was no better than shed had with my sister 24 years ago!! I also know that I have friends with more than one child and even between their own pregnancies there is a big difference in quality of scan photos. I think a lot depends on how full your bladder is/the quality of the machine being used/ weather the sonographer takes time or not etc. I think they take more time at your dating scan to get the best pics they can for you, where as my previous scans have been purely to check for a heartbeat due to bleeding so all they cared about was if there was a hb or not. Do you have another scan booked in soon? :hugs:

It will just be the gender scan but I'm going to request the other location. Think it's newer so in theory should be better machines. I actually had to go away and drink some more fluid and then have a second scan and she said it was much better. We saw on a separate screen and quality was fab. Just printed off was terrible. It's that bad I want to complain how much it's actually cost for such poor quality. A lady posted a few days ago and it looked like a 3d scan was so clear. Was proper gutted xx

It will just be the gender scan but I'm going to request the other location. Think it's newer so in theory should be better machines. I actually had to go away and drink some more fluid and then have a second scan and she said it was much better. We saw on a separate screen and quality was fab. Just printed off was terrible. It's that bad I want to complain how much it's actually cost for such poor quality. A lady posted a few days ago and it looked like a 3d scan was so clear. Was proper gutted xx

Was it a private scan? If you paid for it and you know they had better quality pics and your not happy with it then yeah, drop them an email and explain. Is your avatar your scan photo? If it is I think that's great for 11 weeks! Much better than mines?

When is your gender scan? I have one on Xmas eve, can't wait!! :happydance:

Yeah it's the one I've just put on. It's just really grainy and seems fuzzy and funny dark grey and light grey. Last time at 7 weeks it was like an HD TV haha!!

I don't even have a date yet. Got to ring next week to book in after new year with the midwife at my docs. Will request a different scan location then xx

Wow Xmas eve, I bet ur so excited :happydance: hope it goes beautifully xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->