had my steroids today at 24 weeks, and arging with the mother!

Olivias_mum

Reaction score
I had my steroids today, well first one yesterday and second one this afternoon. Went into hospital with my BP really high (190/126) went straight to delivery suite and had my first lot of steroids, they then transferred me to delivery suite at the nearest hospital with an incubator free for a 24 weeker. The neonatal doctor came to see us this morning to talk survival rates etc and i had a scan to check growth and dopplers to check blood flow which were okish, babies AC measurement is ok but HC measurement is on the 5th centile. My bp came down with IV labetalol so im home tonight and have to go back into the local hospital tomorrow to check my BP. Well tonight my mum has been in a really bad mood so i tried speaking to her and it was all about how upset and angry she is at the situation, she said shes not mad at me but at the fact that this is happening again but then said that she is mad at me a bit for getting pregnant again and makeing her go through this again!i tried saying that i know its hard for her but that its alot harder for me and she said ''yeah i know but theres nothing i can do about that and your the one who chose this'' argghhh! I also tried saying that the stress of arguing with her about it isnt going to help things at all to which she said well she cant help how she feels and i should jst leave her alone but now i feel guilty on top of everything else for putting my mum through this again! Today is also Olivias first birthday, the one day i thought would prove that yeah its hard but its so worth it but now i just feel like crap even more than before!xx

Firstly, Happy birthday Olivia. x

As for your mother, well, WOW! you have no reason to feel guilty. What she has said there is dreadfully selfish, and one of the worst things anyone can say to a preemie mother. This is NOT about her, and no-one should give a flying feck how stressed SHE is, not now, not after the birth.

Keep your distance I would suggest, you do not need her stress on top of everything else. :hugs:

Have they set a date for you yet or is a case of waiting and seeing? :hugs: Pop into the pregnancy after preemie support thread if you need to hun xxx

They have said probably in the next week or so but just a case of waiting and seeing, im hopeing to push it for a few more weeks!Im a bit confused about the steroids as my original hospital said they would give them once delivery was imminent as they work better in the first week after having them but as that hospital had no incubators i was at a new hospital and they gave them so i guess they think delivery isnt far away! I moved away and i have just come back home to manchester this week as my mum was saying i need to come home to have the support of my family and then she does this..support eh!How are you doing? x

Happy Birthday Olivia!

Like SB22 says, you don't need this stress either now, or after the baby arrives. Yes, your mum will be worried about you, and that's allowed, but she certainly shouldn't be stressing you out! The best thing she can do right now is support you when you are worried about your baby - I guess she is worried about her "baby" and you are worried about yours, but people do have to think about other people's needs and feelings and put their own feelings to the side sometimes and it's you that's important just now. Right now, you need your mum to be strong. She's allowed to worry about you, but shouldn't be making you feel guilty about anything - you've not done anything wrong! This is about you and your baby. Try not to stress, it's not good for you or the baby.

I hope LO stays inside a bit longer but it's good that you're being monitored and ready to go if the baby does need to be delivered.

Keep us posted :hugs:

Mums eh? And we swear never to be like them! Katys right tho!
Well, at least the steroids are done and you will have the full lot- even alex only got one lot. Im ok toots, off for a cervix scan and another worry inducing ffn test! Xxx

Happy Birthday to Olivia for yesterday. Sounds like your mum is a typical mum. Worries about you. She obviously doesnt want to see her daughter go through what she already has. I would just explain that getting angry isnt going to change the situation so you would like her support.

Just saw your post- happy birthday Olivia!
I have been looking for a post from you as I always think of you and hope that things work out for you and your little one! I hope everything works out for the best! Glad to hear you've made it this far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->