Had my sweep..

L

Laura--x

OUCH!!

It felt as if she was fidding with my intestines or something! LOL.

Anyway... she said im one and a half cm dilated already :happydance::happydance: and that the cervix is 50% something? I can't remember what she said lol...

She said she thought she would struggle to feel it as 38 weeks but she got to it quite easily and could touch it with 1 and a half fingers, so i guess thats how she can tell im one and a half cm dilated??

If im dilated already.. does that mean i'll be likely to have my baby within the next few hours/days? I meant to ask but completely forgot, she just said she was happy with it.

x

sorry i cant be off more help...

ur lucky to get a sweep at 38 weeks... jealous!! we dont get them till 40 weeks + :hissy:

Hi hun, had my first at 38, the second today 39. I was roughly in a similar postion to you last week in terms of dialation and im not really any further forward today.

However EVERYONE is different and wish you loads of luck and hope things get and stay going soon for you. I have had niggles since my sweep and lost all of my plug by the friday.
#
LOTS of

:dust:

for you!

Thats fantastic 50% efaced means your cevix have thinned by 50% and so only 50% before u start dilating fast ....i had mine at 38 wks last time was told my cervix was 1~2cm dilated and 35% effaced i went into slow labour that day and had Ethan a few days later good luck xxx

38 wk sweep.............So jealous!! I have to wait till 41 weeks but will put on the water works and plead at nxt weeks 40 wk check, I am in quite a bit of pain now!!! :cry: Hope this is the start of something for you x

Good Luck and Fingers crossed things will start to get going for you!x

Hope things start happening for you soon hun

Oh wow you are so lucky! I was hoping to be dialated :( and was hoping for a sweep. But im put on walking. Doctors orders lol to progress me more.

Good luck!

Sounds good! I was 2cm when i had my sweep (but was already having contractions) Within 2hrs was 4cm & 4hours later i was holding my LO. Keep walking, bouncing & eating. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->