Had my Wisdom tooth out.

Mummy.kt

Reaction score
Sorry I'm just Feeling sorry for my self.

Had my wisdom tooth out Weds, it was awful had stitches through my cheek and gum. it is so painful, getting by on the least amount of paracetamol as I can.
I can only open my mouth a bit, talking is hard and to top it off I feel so sick and I stopping myself being sick because I'm scared of popping my stitches. Hardly eaten anything which is also making me feel crap.

Sorry for the moan, you don't have to reply I. Just feeling sorry for myself and needed to write it x

Is it safe to have done whilst being pregnant then? I cracked mine in half last week and dentist said it needs removing ASAP :( I really don't want it done. Not because I'm pregnant, just as I'm really scared! Lol

It's perfectly safe to have it out, although you would have needed to have an X-ray first to check the roots of the tooth (that's normal procedure) which obviously you couldn't have if you are pregnant.

You might find someone who will take it out without an X-ray, or if you have had an X-ray recently, that'll work too :thumbup:

I had my X-ray about 4 month ago I have been on a waiting list ever since. I checked with the nhs and the dentist not had my mw appointment yet and they said it was fine as it was a local.
I'm not a whimp when it comes to the dentist, had to have my milk teeth removed due to them not falling out, had braces, have lock jaw so have to wear a mouth guard on a night (oh thinks it's hilarious). Omg it's awful and so flaming painful x

I had x rays done on it before I fell pregnant as it was always the plan to have it removed due to constant infections, was on the waiting list. But not sure if it being cracked now will effect that and will need new ones done. Have to speak to my dentist. I was hoping being pregnant would be a great excuse to put if off for a few months but guess im gonna just have to be brave! Lol

I had my X-ray about 4 month ago I have been on a waiting list ever since. I checked with the nhs and the dentist not had my mw appointment yet and they said it was fine as it was a local.
I'm not a whimp when it comes to the dentist, had to have my milk teeth removed due to them not falling out, had braces, have lock jaw so have to wear a mouth guard on a night (oh thinks it's hilarious). Omg it's awful and so flaming painful x

Oh no! Don't tell me that!!!! Lol

Oh no! Don't tell me that!!!! Lol

Sorry! miscommunication it's really not that bad at all... Honest *cough :nope: lol x

Haha! Thanks! Totally convinced now! Must try hard to find an excuse not to get it done without the dentist figuring out I'm just a wimp when it comes to to having teeth removed! Thinking cap on!

You can have dental x rays while pregnant as the radiation is under the max "safe" amount. And as its directly into your mouth baby would we perfectly safe, how ever most dentists prefer to wait if you are pregnant mine won't even do a filling unless it's nessacery. Good luck xx

I was hoping to put it off but I already had for a year oops! It had to be done and regretting it now x

I put mine off once, date booked then chickened out. But then It cracked in half so literally have no choice to but get it removed. Dentist said I'm risking severe infection if I don't :( must be brave, must be brave...

You can have dental x rays while pregnant as the radiation is under the max "safe" amount. And as its directly into your mouth baby would we perfectly safe, how ever most dentists prefer to wait if you are pregnant mine won't even do a filling unless it's nessacery. Good luck xx

I work at a dentist (and have for almost 9 years) and we will not X-ray anyone who is pregnant.

Maryanne, getting infections isn't good while pregnant. You should definitely consider having it out.

Thanks Hun, that's what my dentist and gp said too. Since your all saying the same thing I guess I should listen. Doesn't stop me feeling terrified though. I'm honestly less scared of labour than I am of getting this tooth removed. Irrational much...lol

Definitely :p But I see it all the time. No one has died from it :haha: You'll be fine x

Also I've had all 4 of mine out. Best thing ever once it's done - you never have to worry about it again!

That's what I might do. They have said the others are impacted and could potentially cause problems later on so I'm thinking once lo is born I may just ask to have them taken out too. Saying that though I haven't even managed to pluck up the courage to have one removed yet so that may be bravado talking. I don't know what it is but the dentist is the only person in the world that can scare the living daylights out of me! :(

My OB said dental stuff was safe but idk about xrays. My crown has fallen of 3 dang times and I just have been putting it off... probably not going til after baby is born just because I don't want to deal with more discomfort for it to fall off a 4th time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->