Had prenatal appointment -

BethMaassen

Mom to 2 Princesses
Reaction score
I am on the every 2 week visit thing with my OB. Next time I see her is at 35 weeks, and then will be going in weekly.

ANyway, today I brought in my birth plan and reviewed it with her. I needed to make a few clarifications, and fix a thing on it. But other than that it was great.

I did tell her I think baby dropped - she did not even acknowledge me.

But my biggest problem, is that she seems to doubt that I will not be able to have the VBAC I am hoping for. Everything is met with "last time".. Like she is basing everything on last time... And last time, was NOT good. I gave in and let thing happen when I should not have. I was terrified and easily swayed.

I am pretty upset that she is basing it all on things that happened last time. A lot went wrong.... done to the fact that I was unable to keep my GD and weight under control.

Birthstory from my DD's birth:

Athiliya was due to arrive on March 31st 2015.

During my last ultrasound, Athiliya was estimated to be the size of a full-term baby although we had at least another month before she was due. I had already given my doctor my birth plan, stating I did not want to be induced, nor did I want an epidural. So at my next doctors appointment we discussed my concern for Athiliya's size. So my doctor suggested we not wait too long after my due date to induce me to prevent her from getting TOO big and reduce the possibility of her collar bone having to be broken during to delivery in the case that she got too big.

At my last prenatal visit, I agreed to the induction, and we scheduled it for as soon as possible.

April 4th we grabbed up my hospital bags and we left to the hospital. We arrived shortly after 7 and got me checked in. I was showed to my room and told to switch into a hospital gown. I brought a pretty little labor and delivery gown that I purchased (and will be reusing this time) so I put that on instead. I got into the bed, and by 9 pm My birth plan was given out and I was fully checked in. One nurse remarked on the amount of makeup I was wearing, and that it was pointless because it will just get sweated off and ruined anyway. I ignored her because, I wanted to have this baby "in style".

Around 9 pm, the inserted the cervidil and started up the pitocin. I laid flat in bed for an hour while the cervidil did it's thing. An old neighbor happened to be there, and my husband bumped into her in the hallway while he went to get coffee, so he brought her in and I got a nice visit for a few minutes. I was allowed to sit up an hour later. and through the night not much happened. My husband complained about being cold and hungry. We watched TV and a nurse came in a couple of times. I kept updating FB from our laptop and my mobile phone in the mean time. I could not sleep, I was too anxious. During the night, I did not dilate much, maybe 1/2 cm. I was offered and accepted a sleeping a pill, but it did not work.

They increased my pitocin over the next day. My husband would come and go to get coffee, he would mess on the laptop and watch tv. as I was urged to sleep. I had a doctor and an intern come in and check on me. My dilation got as far a 2cm during the day. My husband went down to the cafeteria and got himself food. I was allowed to eat because I wasn't making much progress. I showered and washed my face as well.

April 6th my doctor came into see me, and because I was making very little progression, she decided to manually break my water. The smell of amniotic fluid made me sick to my stomach. (to this day I can still smell it, and I HATE it) After having my sheets changed I returned to bed. I spent hours worrying about the lack of progression and started to worry about a cesarean. They continued to up my pitocin to as far as they could The pain eventually got too much for me, and I asked for something to take the edge off. And I was given something (can not remember what it was called) through my IV. The pain only got worse, and two hours after I started to panic and asked for an epidural. An anesthesiologist came in and placed it shortly after. I had fallen asleep for a few hour to only wake to my husband arguing with one of my nurses.

April 7th early in the morning, my doctor came in and found I have only dilated to 4cm after they broke my water 16 hours prior. She discussed her concern, and that it would not be good to wait much longer, so she suggested a cesarean. And I agreed. After she left, I began to panic. I did not want a cesarean. My epidural quit shortly after. Through the pain, I was panicking about having a cesarean, and the worse case scenarios playing out in my head. I was in hysterics. I did not want to be touched or talked to. 2 hours later they finally got an anesthesiologist to come in and place another which took him another 2hours to do. All the while I was in further hysterics, yelling at the nurse and my husband as I couldn't sit properly to have the guy place another epidural. I was screaming and crying and shaking. The entire time my husdand was making jokes, that I just could not find funny, and he did get offended. Finally, the guy got the epidural placed and I laid down and began to calm down. I was so cold and I was shaking, my teeth were chattering and everything. I no sooner got comfortable did they come to wheel me into the OR.

I panicked as they got me on the operating table and strapped down. I was in full blown hysterics. My doctor taped my belly up to allow them to make the right cut and stuff because my fat was in the way. They went and got my husband after I was all set.

All through the cesarean I was panicking, I could swear I could still feel them, and the anesthesiologist pumped my full of more pain medicine. I got to see Lily briefly as they whisked her past me. The anesthesiologist ended up knocking me out because of my panicking. I don't even remember hearing Lily's first cries. I am sure I did, but I don't remember. I was awakened afterwards to my husband and the anesthesiologist tickling my chin. Apparently I had stopped breathing a few times. I told them I couldn't breathe. I was in and out for hours. I can barely remember nursing Lily for the first time.

She was born April 7th at 12:45 pm weighing 10lbs 1oz and 21.5 inches.

After a few day of recovering I was released April 10th. During my recovery days there were more complaints from my husband, my sister came and visited, and my husband got in yet another argument with the same nurse as before..

I feel like she should be offering more support.

After reading your birth story she should definitely be offering you more support :hugs:

After reading your birth story she should definitely be offering you more support :hugs:

I think so too.. But with the help of my doula, I am going to give it my all. I am even drinking RLT this time. I did not even know it existed during my last pregnancy!

I am still pretty upset about this. I am having a hard time. I would think she'd be more supportive of this VBAC. It is like she has already has it set in her mind that nothing will work and I will end up with a c-section.

I am going to have to bring it up with her at my next appointment (Nav. 25th) because this is ridiculous. I need her to be supportive and do what she can to make this VBAC work.

They should definitely be offering you more support instead of being so negative :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->