Had to go back to labour ward tonight :( sweep?

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
I posted on Tuesday about being hospital because of high blood pressure and protein in my urine. I was discharged yesterday (Wednesday) but told to see my midwife on Friday to check my urine and and BP again. My midwife rang me yesterday and asked me to come in today (Thursday). I saw her at 2.30pm my blood pressure was high again and protein back in urine, she said I didn't look well and was very swollen. I've suffered with excess fluid pretty much everywhere for weeks now. I was told to take my bags cause I was looking at being induced.

So off I went to labour ward, my BP was high for me but not concerning, I also shown no protein in my urine on the stick. So annoying really when I had geared myself up for an induction.

When the doctor came to see me I had a break down, I honestly can't cope with the pain of all the excess fluid anymore. I cried to the doctor and explained it had been a long 8 years trying to get my miracle baby and I'm scared that something bad is going to happen cause of all the problems I've had through out the pregnancy and with all the excess fluid plus my BP and urine is worrying me being so erratic. She was so nice bless her, she decided to do a sweep there and then. My cervix was checked yesterday, it was 2cm long, closed but soft. Today it was 1cm long, 1cm dilated and soft. So it's heading in the right direction :)

What can I expect from having my sweep? If anything at all? Will it work straight away if it works or can it take a few days?
I no I could google thus stuff but I'd rather have real experiences from people.
Sorry for the long post ladies. X

Awe I'm happy for you that you have your miracle! Im sorry I dont have experience with this. I actually dont even know what a sweep is or much less what it does. I do hope you have babh soon tho, and that you will be feeling better soon :)

Thank you jzgrace. It's been a very long road for us, I can't wait for it to come to an end. I mentally can't do anymore, there's been so many ups and downs through this pregnancy and so much worry. I can't take anymore emotionally. I just need her out so I know she's safe.
I'm not to sure about a sweep either I just no it wasn't pleasant lol. The did put her fingers in me and scraped around, that's what it felt like anyway. I'll gave to have a google but I'm hoping to her some experiences from ladies on here. :)

Yw :) I know how the anticipation is.....dreadful! There will be ladies to reply. Ive seen them all talking about sweeps on here. im interested to know too. Cant wait to hear how labour goes.:hugs:

You poor thing. What a rough few days. With ds, I had a sweep (or she tried to do one) and my labour kicked off the next day. With DD, it was 5 days later. Hope it happens soon and you get to hold your precious baby xx

You poor thing. What a rough few days. With ds, I had a sweep (or she tried to do one) and my labour kicked off the next day. With DD, it was 5 days later. Hope it happens soon and you get to hold your precious baby xx

Thank you.

Weird question really but can you tell they have done one? Could the doctor just be saying yep it's done when she's not actually done anything? She did put her fingers in and push up really hard and it kinda felt like she was scraping me if that makes sense? X

What can I do to get things moving? I've been bouncing on a ball all day but not feeling anything apart from a couple of back twinges. I can't stay on my feet very long cause I've got too much fluid and OH is not up for sex. I don't want to waste having the sweep if that makes sense and I keep reading if nothing happens in 48 hours it probably during work?

What can I do to get things moving? I've been bouncing on a ball all day but not feeling anything apart from a couple of back twinges. I can't stay on my feet very long cause I've got too much fluid and OH is not up for sex. I don't want to waste having the sweep if that makes sense and I keep reading if nothing happens in 48 hours it probably during work?

If your body is ready to go into labour sitting around wont stop it from happening.

They say if its going to work it will in 48hrs, however women can still go into labour upto 5 days after.

I had a sweep with #2 i was 2cm cervix not favourable and posterior, i had my girl within 48hrs. I was 41w which is considered the better time for them.

I had a sweep on thursday just gone i was 2-3cm very stretchy i had a false run last night of 4hrs but nothing today, i think my body just isnt fully ready for it yet being i was only 40w yesterday.

Best of luck!

If your body is ready to go into labour sitting around wont stop it from happening.

They say if its going to work it will in 48hrs, however women can still go into labour upto 5 days after.

I had a sweep with #2 i was 2cm cervix not favourable and posterior, i had my girl within 48hrs. I was 41w which is considered the better time for them.

I had a sweep on thursday just gone i was 2-3cm very stretchy i had a false run last night of 4hrs but nothing today, i think my body just isnt fully ready for it yet being i was only 40w yesterday.

Best of luck!

Thank you.

I'm just sitting on my ball all day and hoping that keeps her where she needs to be :).

I'm only 37 weeks so I don't hold out much hope of it happening I was just secretly hoping it would before my induction next Thursday.

My cervix is only 1cm long and 1cm dilated but it's soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->