Had to reduce breastfeeding due to EXHAUSTION... anyone else?

Rato

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Basically, my daughter has been breastfed pretty much exclusively from birth. Once she turned 6 months I started introducing solids, and I have managed to reduce the breastfeeding to twice/3 x a day only. I had planned on breastfeeding her more until she was a bit older but I was (and still am) exhausted... It has gotten better but I still feel it. I mean I am working from home at the moment but my husband is working abroad. I am wondering if any of you have experienced this kind of exhaustion as well?! I have met other breastfeeding moms and they seem to have so much more energy comparing to me. I am a very active person, and walk for miles with baby, do housework etc. But how did you deal with feeling so tired?

xx

Have you had your iron levels checked? I did find that breastfeeding was absolutely exhausting for a while, but if you're down to 2-3 feeds per day I'm not sure that would be the culprit.

I do get random bouts of fatigue and low energy but I have a history of anemia.

Yes, but I'm extremely anaemic and my boy feeds at least 5-7 times every single night.... Yawn.... No reduction in feeds though. I feed as and when as have nothing else to offer him. We have started BLW though only 1-2 meals a day.

My wee one is nearly 8 months now and we've been BLW since he was 5 months. Started a tadge early as I was off to work when he hit 6 months and he seemed just ready for it physically (could sit up) and mentally (very curious about the food we were eating). He's now on 3 meals a day.

He still hasn't dropped any feeds (I'm letting him wean himself), although he'll only take 6-7oz of expressed milk during the day off his Dad, but will feed like a demon once I'm home. He'll have at least 6-7 feeds through the night until morning and then I'm off to work again.

I'm shattered.

My LO just turned 7 months and has been EBF since birth. She still eats every 2 hours, at night too. I am exhausted! Breastfeeding has been really tough for me. I want to start her on solids but due to some issues she's having I'm afraid she's going to have a lot of food allergies.

I would check your iron level just in case, but I do get exhausted, sometimes I can feel myself gets weaker after I've just fed him, especially when I don't eat well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->