Had to share as I find this very upsetting..

Breezy

Mommy to one gorgeous boy
Reaction score
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13632047

Don't understand how they could even consider banning circ's. They are religious rites and a private family matter.

If one doesn't agree with circing then that is their own opinion on the matter but to ban it completely?

:growlmad:

Ugh, I hate when someone gets a bug up their behind and actually gets enough support to cause a fuss. They can stay the heck out of my son's pants, thank you very much.

I totally agree with you but I'm warning you lots of people will be supportive of the ban on here!

I don't agree with circumcision, myself, but... I do believe that law shouldn't mess with religious rights.

Well if they have 7,700 signatures obviously alot of people agree with banning it
x

I wonder if it was actually banned if people would go elsewhere to get it done. I think I would.

SO honest question to the ladies who think it should be banned: You don't think jews and muslims have the right to choose if their child is circ'd? It is a religious thing after all?

I bet a fiver that this thread will end up locked...... :roll:

I thought long and hard about posting it because of how heated the topic gets but, as I have no adult contact ever I needed to see what others thought on the matter. I don't think banning the circ is what even gets at me the most. It is telling a religious group they aren't allowed to do something. I thought there was seperation between church and state.....

I dont think any parent has the right to cause pain and permanently change a babies body.

Doesn't the bible say slavery is ok? Doesn't mean its ok now though.

There are cults that allow sex with minors...should we allow that too because its a religious thing?

Yeah I agree with the ban too. I don't really think religion justifies it either and I don't think it's that different from female circumcision.

I would never circumcise my son for anything other than a medical reason. But talk of banning it outright is a tough one and I am not 100 per cent sure where I stand on it to be honest.

I think it's important to remember that here in the UK it is very rarely done without a medical need - whereas I believe it is done more routinely in the US regardless of religious beliefs.

I don't think the argument that it is a religious rite means it is exempt though.

I bet a fiver that this thread will end up locked...... :roll:

I thought long and hard about posting it because of how heated the topic gets but, as I have no adult contact ever I needed to see what others thought on the matter. I don't think banning the circ is what even gets at me the most. It is telling a religious group they aren't allowed to do something. I thought there was seperation between church and state.....

This is exactly my problem with it too. Although I am of Jewish background I personally wouldn't choose circumcision for any future son of mine I agree that there is supposed to be a seperation between church and state and who is anyone else to decide that what is considered very important religious right to Jews and Muslims is actually 'wrong'.

edit: that is an unbelievably badly written sentence, apologies i'm reaaally tired :coffee:

Yeah I agree with the ban too. I don't really think religion justifies it either and I don't think it's that different from female circumcision.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure if someone scrapped away a woman's clitoris and sewed up her vagina in the us that wouldnt be ok so why is male circumcism?

i wouldnt get my boys circ's as i dont see the point when its done for no reason other then appearence but they cant go round banning a religeous practice. if they ban this what else are they going to ban

Personally i think, fair enough if its for religious reasons but wait until that child is old enough to decide for itself...i feel the same way about babies being christianed, let them have a choice if they want to follow it or not.
x

I dont think religion justifies it either tbh... it should only be done if there is a medical reason in my personal opinion x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->