Had to take Charlie to Hospital (Long story!)

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
Ok so we just got back from hospital....

Went to get charlie weighed today, last time he was 14lb 11 (6.66kg), today he was 13lb 11(6.22kg) (a pound lost how scarey!
so the HV asks has he been vomiting, yes he has, has it been quite violent, on occasion yes...ok so he might have this whatever we call it he might have to have a operation on his tummy...Amy-Tea will tell you...i must have looked like id been slapped in the face!
So the HV suggests i take him to the Docs (altho its not an emergancey but take him tomorrow :-S) me beeing panicy phoned the docs and asked for an emergancy appointment :blush: ooops, Got to Docs, told him the problem, he made me feel like a total idiot "well this could have waited, but insted of asking you to come back tommorow i'll refer you to the childrens day unit at the hospital"
Off we went to the hospital, done the usual pee sample temp bla blah, Doc comes in has a look at him, he seems fine too me altho with him beeing sick he could have a bit off reflux, prescription for Gaviscon, also Lactilus (he hardly poos) off she when to wright out his presciption...
In comes a Nurse...The Docs asked me too come back to weigh him again because she thinks he seems fine and thinks its strange how hes lost a lb in two weeks, so she poped him on the scales...guess how much...15lb 4!!! (6.98)...yes thats wright the stupid HV weighed him wrong!!!
All that worry trips to the docs trips to the hospital and hes absoloutly FINE altho he hasnt put MUCH weight on he's still on target, he was poorly for a week.
Im soooo Anoyed i dread to think how many babys shes weighed wrong today!
Any way as for the reflux thing just give him his gaviscon and he should be fine :) im sooooooooooooo happy hes ok...but still VERY anoyed with HV!!!

:hugs:

can't believe the stupid bint. She proper made out Charlie would need this drastic operation too :shock:

Some people just don't know how to do their jobs!

Glad he's ok though!

What an idiot!
That must have been so stressful!

I'm so sorry to hear about his tummy operation,is he ok poor thing?:hugs:

What an idiot!
That must have been so stressful!

I'm so sorry to hear about his tummy operation,is he ok poor thing?:hugs:

Amy! I think you misread the post somehow :dohh:

Blame it on mummy brain :rofl:

:hugs: OMG, silly bloody women, so glad he's ok honey :hugs: what a day for you both :hugs:

my health visitor did this to me and the week after i went back she said sorry about last week the scales were out by 2lbs :O:O:O WAT??? doctors dont see it as an emergency they see it everyday but to new mothers its a scary thing well to anyone really

Holy crap, that would have scared me so badly. I would have been pissed at the HV after all that.

OMG Stupid, stupid HV!!! Thoughts she would of double checked before putting you through all that.

Glad Charlie is fine now xxx

WOW how scarry.... Glad you went to the other Dr and everything is fine :hugs:

rubbish HV! Surely she must've known something was up if all the babies were weighing off - unless it was just you that is. Glad everything is okay anyway.

stupid woman x that is so bad they made u worry like that x
huge:hug: im glad little charlie is ok and well done on weight gain x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"