Had to turn him

mommyof3co

Mommy of 4 amazing boys!
Reaction score
Hope it's ok to put it in this section, figured most of you would understand more :winkwink:

Hayden is 2 1/2 now and we had to turn him forward facing in his car seat today :cry: He keeps beating up his brothers, who he faces when rear facing, we tried so much and he just wouldn't stop and we couldn't reach him to stop him so he had to turn. This way he can't reach them because his seat is so low profile, he can't reach far enough. He was thrilled! But I'm sad :( Not sure if it will last but for now he is FF :cry:

Can I ask a quick question? I don't know much about this subject and was wondering what the advantages are of keeping children RF? Sorry if it is a silly question.

No not a silly question :) There is actually a thread in this section called "rear facing answers and support". But here is a good video showing alot of the benefits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2DVfqFhseo

https://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx

https://carseatblog.com/?p=5168

But a couple of points is it is 500% safer for up to 2yrs atleast. After that we know it's still safer but there isn't a figure on just how much safer it is.

Thanks! That is great info to know, I had no idea!

Sorry hun, sometimes kids make us do things before we are ready for it. I'm sure he'll be fine though

I think its an achievement to have gotten to 2 1/2 rearfacing. I want to keep Theo RF as long as possible but the seat we borrowed wouldnt fit in our car :(

Big hugs. You never know, he might grow out of the hitting phase soon and you can see if he'll go RF again :hugs:

Once the novelty of being FF wears off, I bet he'll want to go back to RF. When we were little, we had a car with RF seats in the back that kind of folded down... everybody used to fight tooth and nail to face backwards!

omg i never knew it was dangerous, we still have leyley rearfacing because shes still in her baby car seat, it goes up to 35lbs and while she looks too big for it heightwise, i was told you keep them in it up till the weight they say so we have kept her in it, now to find a toddler car seat that can go rf, not sure if they do them here :shrug:

x

Ellie I'm sure they do, ask Sara she's sorting one out for daisy I think

You gotta do what you gotta do! Although I know how much RF meant to you.. :hugs:

Yeah you can check out carseat.se for ones you can have there :)

Thanks girls :( I know it probably sounds silly, but I've been completely stressing over it. Obviously he's a distraction when he hurts his brothers which isn't good for whoever is driving but then I feel like I'm actually putting him in danger though we've never been in an accident (knock on wood) since before we had kids. I'm hoping that he will want to go back RF soon though. Casen actually turned back RF for awhile at age 4 because we got the new seat and then I had 2 that would RF and he loved it...but then I sold the other one so he went back FF. Wish that I would have kept it now so he wouldnt' have access to the person next to him since they would be RF too

omg i was guna rush out and get the ff one as soon as he reached the weight requirement, now im not! thanks 4 sharing the vid i had no idea, and i think ill slow it down a lil now 2. x

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3763193/Trail/searchtext%3ECAR+SEAT.htm

im not having much luck finding one :( have found this one ^ but it says you can only RF till 9 months then you have to go to FF, do you HAVE to? or can you just leave it RF? also are they easy to put in and out of cars cos we get taxis a lot so would be having to get it in and out quickly

x

Age limits are just guidelines, what really matters is the weight limit. So just say it has a 30lb rear facing limit (I don't know I didn't check that one so just guessing) if she hit that at just pretend 7mo she'd have to turn..or get a new seat...or if she didn't hit that until 18mo she could stay that way.

Look at the Multi tech and two way on here https://www.carseat.se/store.html Great seats!!!! You can have them shipped over there but I think I heard from some ladies on here they are now sold in some places in the UK so not as expensive to ship?

I need to start looking at seats available over here. I think I found somewhere in Oxford that sold three or four different ones a while ago... now just to convince OH we need to keep her RF!

Just wanted to say thanks for the video! I've posted it on my fb for all to see :)

Sorry you've had to turn him. Hope you can have him RF again soon! :hugs:

Just wanted to say thanks for the video! I've posted it on my fb for all to see :)

Sorry you've had to turn him. Hope you can have him RF again soon! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"