haemoglobin - what are your levels?

Gemma Simone

Reaction score
hi - I'm just after some advice from people. I had the results of my blood test today and my Hb levels are 10.4 and the range is 11.5-16 or something like that. The doctor didn't seem overly concerned, and just said if they went below 10 he would be concerned.

Has anyone else had these sort of levels? And if so, what did your doctor advise?

Mine were very borderline but my midwife said they dont treat it unless they need to, a few weeks later I felt like crap and mentioned to her that I did and she suggested going back on the pregnacare which has the reccommended daily amount of iron in just to make sure i was getting enough, worked wonders and i felt loads better! hope that helps worth a try if your feeling crappy and good for baby too xxx

G/C but after i delivered mine plumetted to 7.8 and im still on Iron tablets.

I think your levels are ok, they will prob take some blood after you deliver and check your levels again and will put you on Iron if you need them.

HTH.

V xxx

I am 10.7 and was advised to take iron.
So i take spartone as its gental on the tummy (buy it myself) rather than the nhs stuff.

Just checked mine for you hun mine were 11.0 normal range is 11.5-16.5 xx

Mine were 10.3 so they put me on iron tablets but said it was only because they expected then to get worse. After a months worth of tablets it had only gone upt o 10.4 which they actually laughed at. :dohh:

Theyre up to 11 now, and theyve said to keep up the tablets.... as long as your levels are over 10 during delivery youll be fine hun. If they are below 10 theres bleeding risks so just make sure they test them again for you. :hugs:

thanks guys. I've got a midwife appointment in a couple of weeks and will push for another blood test then. I take a pregnancy supplement everyday which says it has 100%rda of iron but its only 14mg. perhaps i should up this dose.

Hi,

Mine recentley came back as 9.4 so doc has prescribed some iron tablets 200mg twice a day.

mine were 10.5 which is right on the borderline but i was showing symtoms of anaemia so they put me on iron twice daily.
we are all different and our bodies show symptoms at different levels, they should show more individual care that just going off the norm!!! what it the norm after all???!!!
ive also taken pregnacare since i found out i was pregnant

Mine are 13.9 at the moment - with my last baby they went down to 7 and they wanted to give me a blood transfusion :cry:

My level is a 10 and they have me taking 2 tablets a day, seems like they are 250mg each but I'm not sure on the dosage. I've been a bad girl and havn't been taking them, but I really should be so I don't get myself into trouble when I deliver!

Good luck and go grab some iron :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->