Haemorrhoids

sophie22

Reaction score
Ugh. I have developed them today! How do I get rid?

Are they internal or external?

Either way, from what I've been told and from personal experience, they don't go away until after baby is born. I've had external hemorrhoids since around 20 weeks. They were terribly inflamed, bleeding and painful for about a week but now they only hurt occasionally... But they are always there.

Things that I did to help relieve pain:
1) Tucks medicated pads
2) Medication
3) Hemorrhoid (donut) pillow
4) Epsom salt baths
5) Hemorrhoid creams/gels

External, but for a week before today I had noticed the area seemed sore and itchy but there was no bump, now there is so I'm assuming just external. It's just really sore! Do those things help alot with the soreness or help the bump go down?

tbh they are likley to get worse now before baby is born as baby is only going to get bigger and cause more pressure down there. try anusol cream. its quite good and it shrinks them if you use it twice a day. they do go away after baby is born, but its just another pregnancy symptom that isnt nice im afraid. x

Also ask for numbing cream like lidocaine if helps immensely! I have one that swells to a grape size its been decent this pregnancy only really swelling during BM's and I make sure after I am nice and clean to push it back in as that helps!

Epsom Salts baths where my best friends, that and cortisone cream

I have 2 external, clean area good, dry area good and apply roid cream. I bought Anusol ointment and put it on twice a day and the swelling is going down. Use baby wipes after a BM because TP hurts, just always keep area clean and dry, they won't completely go away until after babes is born, but you can relief some hurt.

ouch :( ive never had them and reading this makes me cringe!
im only 28 weeks though, im sure ill be blessed with them soon...
when I saw this thread last night I brought up the conversation with OH who was not overly impressed with how open I was being about such things... I told him if I get cursed with them he must help with the application of cream :haha: his face was hilarious x

I have external ones too. They flare up worse (get bigger and are more sore and/or itchy) when I'm constipated.

I use anusol cream and it shrinks them a little but they never go away. I've had them ever since my first pregnancy. I have a feeling that they won't properly go without surgery tbh.

I've also just got them. I'm just thankful that I'm about to pop and so with any luck I should have to deal with them for too long! I've been using anusol, but was told by midwife to avoid the creams containing hydrocortisone (ie Anusol HC). It definitely gives me some relief-they really are uncomfortable aren't they?

I think mine might actually be the size if a grape! Is it normal to be that size? Thanks for the advice ladies!

I have one, external. It doesn't hurt but sometimes feels a bit sore. I keep it in check by using witch hazel on a cotton ball whenever I remember to. I hear kegels help but I haven't been very good at doing those regularly.

I think mine might actually be the size if a grape! Is it normal to be that size? Thanks for the advice ladies!

Yes it is normal all the pressure pushes more blood and expands the skin. You might notice after some extra skin or like me it might just go back in. It just depends honestly. I am so freaking thankful that mine has only been swollen during BM's and can be pushed back in IF it does not go by itself but it has each time. I had it reallly rough last time I was always in the bath, numb cream, anusol, laying on my side, witch hazel. The only thing that ACTUALLY helped was the two creams. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->