Hahah, I might be the dumbest person on this board :P

Ambermichelle

Reaction score
Sooo, for the past few months, I've been checking my cervix to see if i can feel any difference from before O and after O. I always thought I could, but now I'm beginning to think it was in my head..

I'm looking at pictures of the female reproductive organs, and I think I've been feeling my vagina canal this entire time..I feel really stupid haha.

My question is, how far do you need to put your finger in before you feel your cervix? I know it's different for everyone, but I've barely been putting my finger in and feeling.

Hahah, I'm literally laughing at how dumb I might be lol.

lol youre not dumb i wouldnt have a clue what to feel for!
welldone you for having a try and a feel lol!
my nurse who dd my last smear test told me it feels like a round spongy donut lol...or something!
Im prob the dumbest person here for the fact that im TTC#1 and have no idea, its all a learning curve!
Goodluck finding your cervix lol!
:) x

You have to put your finger in until it hit a little nub..i'd say it's probably as big as the tip of your nose....maybe a little smaller. It's easier to find after AF. But closer to ovulation, it is pretty high. With me using my middle finger, I have to shove it in the whole way to be able to feel my cervix during ovulation time.

Thanks so much girls! You have no idea how useful all this is to me as I'm now realizing I've been feeling my vagina wall.

I've been putting my finger in about a centimeter (at most) to feel! I can't believe this lol. I just shoved my middle finger in there and I think I could feel it. I just squishiness and I could barely touch it.

I'm still figuring it all out :D first time testing it from AF to AF, i'm stumped at how low it is now!

I read that for figuring cervix position:

Low = get to the first knuckle on your finger before touching it
Medium = second knuckle
High = All the way in :haha:

As said everyones different but it's a good starter guide :) as for texture it's meant to feel like the tip of your nose when AF (hard) and like your bottom lip when soft (fertile) :)

Hope that helps, I don't really know how to explain opened & closed but you can feel an opening at Ov time, supposedly you can push your finger in but nooooo thanks!

I'm still figuring it all out :D first time testing it from AF to AF, i'm stumped at how low it is now!

I read that for figuring cervix position:

Low = get to the first knuckle on your finger before touching it
Medium = second knuckle
High = All the way in :haha:

As said everyones different but it's a good starter guide :) as for texture it's meant to feel like the tip of your nose when AF (hard) and like your bottom lip when soft (fertile) :)

Hope that helps, I don't really know how to explain opened & closed but you can feel an opening at Ov time, supposedly you can push your finger in but nooooo thanks!

Those cervix positions are a huuugeeee help! Thank you tons and tons!! :) I'll be checking it all day now that I know what I'm doing haha. I'm like "ohhhh I wonder what my cervix feels like now!" Hahaha :p

Hey...that's what we are here for. To learn from each other.

Congrats on finding your cervix! Btw, make sure your bowel is empty before you check it. And make sure you check it at the same time everyday :).

This goes to another site but incredibly useful!
https://community.babycenter.com/po...cp_and_cervical_mucus_cm_type_for_your_charts

That was soooo helpful!! I bookmarked it as it's filled with so much information to always look back on :)

Lol usually middle finger will lead you right to the cervix because that's the equivalent of your vaginal canal and how far you need to go

Hahah thank you :) I'm still so embarrassed that I was doing this all wrong haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->