Hair advice

Loui1001

Reaction score
Hello all, hope someone can give me hair-inspiration. :thumbup:

My hair is long, mostly straight with a few layers and a caramel blonde. I've been growing it out for a few years and mostly wear it up in a high messy bun, in a side plait or loose at the weekend. I'm so bored of it now and would love something different but at a loss to what, every time I've been to the hairdressers in the last few months I've backed out of getting it cut short but I really need a change. I don't want a fringe and that's the only thing I'm sure of.

So what's your hair like? And is it easy to maintain? I'm back at work in a few months and don't want a style that will take me ages to sort out in the morning with a baby and toddler on the loose

TIA x

Shorter layers? Something like this pic?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 7
From the front

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6
I went for straight from down & a fringe (not short one, it reaches half my face) , I love layers but it doesn't give volume to straight thin hair, if your hair is thick, short layers are nice I guess. I'm not so bold with hair cuts, it took me forever to grow it long :)

I have a full fringe and long dark hair with a few layers. Have you looked on Pinterest? Loads of ideas on there x

Are you wanting to keep it long, or are you willing to change it up completely? I got mine cut from long back in December, and went with the cute angled bob, where its pretty long in the front, but then angles to short in the back with a few layers in the back. Its very cute and flattering on most people.

Hadn't thought of Pinterest, thanks!

Love that picture Omarsmum, my layers are longer so shorter layers would be a nice way to change it without going much shorter, it's taken me so long to grow it I'm scared of cutting it off again!

Are you wanting to keep it long, or are you willing to change it up completely? I got mine cut from long back in December, and went with the cute angled bob, where its pretty long in the front, but then angles to short in the back with a few layers in the back. Its very cute and flattering on most people.

That's a gorgeous style, I had the shorter version when my hair was in a bob! is yours long enough to put up or pull back?

My hairs long with long layers my shortest layer is past my chin and my hair just sits below my boobs lol, I'm so boring with my hair. Throughout all my teens I had long hair, long layers then when I left school I had it cut short, just above my shoulders kind of short and absolutely hated it so since then I barely do anything with my hair.
I had shorter choppy layers put in when I was at school and had longer hair and I loved that, you could try something like that? You can still keep the over all length just have shorter layers so it looks a bit more interesting and edgy.

That's a gorgeous style, I had the shorter version when my hair was in a bob! is yours long enough to put up or pull back?

Yep:) the front is cut about the length of my shoulders, the back is a few inches off my shoulders. I can easily put it half up, or if I put it all the way up, just the very back sometimes falls down as its a bit too short to be fully up. I could pin those pieces though, I'm just too lazy about it usually and just let the small amount fall out.

My hair sounds the same as yours and I have cut it short about three times and hated it every time! Now I stick with mostly different styles of updo. A nice one for when you have time is to pincurl it and then brush it/backcomb it so it's messy and wavy and then pin it under so it's like a 20s style bob. When you don't have time milkmaid braids are great, and there are so many updo styles on Pinterest to get inspiration from.

I've just had mine cut to bottom of bra strap lenth, full head of highlights, choppy layers, and I wear it down with a side parting.
I can rough dry it or scrunch a bit I never "do" my hair.
I found shorter haor harder to manage and I just spritz dry shampoo in to get an extra day out of it.
Good if you've washed it at night.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"