Hair colour

I can find many websites that show what I said as well, as i found them before, but im not really that interested in continuing this conversation, and she told me this before she even started on my hair, using the same dye as always. I also have a friend who used to do hair who backs what I said, so maybe your the one who is wrong.

Yeah sure i am......

"If possible, test a strand first. Remember that hormonal changes can make your hair react differently, so you might not get what you expect — even from your regular formula. Before you do your whole head, try a test strand so you don't wind up punk pink (unless that’s the look you were going for, of course!)."
https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/hair-dye

"Pregnancy does change the texture of your hair slightly," said Dr. Ghodsi. "It becomes thicker and sometimes coarser and this could affect the appearance of the dye on your hair. Although, a skilled hair technician should be able to assess this and adjust accordingly."Ryan agrees that stylists can easily alter their treatment to fit your transformed locks. "Whether it tends to take a bit lighter or darker, it can be determined easily and the formula can be tweaked by the stylist for the months during pregnancy," Ryan said."
https://www.today.com/style/mom-be-tress-stress-heres-truth-about-hair-dye-pregnancy-t6246

"While there is little in the way of scientific information on the safety of perming or relaxing your hair during pregnancy, perhaps the most convincing evidence against the their use comes directly from hairdressers. Most say that because pregnancy hormones frequently interfere with, or even change, the way your hair reacts to perm or relaxing solutions, you could easily end up with a look that is quite opposite of what you expected. Hair can get frizzy or straight instead of curly, or kinky and frizzy instead of straight. So forgo the perm or straightening for now - and opt for a style that's easy to manage without the extra chemical treatments."
https://www.pregnancy.org/article/dying-change-hair-color-and-your-pregnancy

"DO PREGNANCY HORMONES CAUSE YOUR HAIR TO BECOME RESISTANT TO HAIR DYE?

Some women have reported hair dyes not taking to their hair during pregnancy, and hair colours turning out different to what was expected. This is possible due to the hormonal changes in your body, however this is a minority of cases. Most women have no problem with achieving their desired hair colour. Hormones do, however, have other effects on your hair during pregnancy, and even after giving birth."
https://www.mookychick.co.uk/indie-fashion/plus-size/dying-hair-punky-colours-during-pregnancy-2.php

I've dyed mine once since being pregnant with little dude, I need to again but I actually can't be arsed...:blush: I will dye it again before he's due but yeah, at the moment I'm not panicking about it.

Hairdresser here.

Sometimes the smell will get to me and I'll wear a mask but honestly it's because I have asthma more than me being pregnant. If I couldn't be around color while pregnant I'd be screwed out of a job!

As for the color taking? This is absolutely true. I have one client whole had a baby but had been pregnant off and on for 4 years... She was going from brown to blond and I HAD to have her sign a waiver. The color did not come up blond but red! Hormones change the chemical makeup of your hair. You CAN color it but it may not always come out the color you want. I often recommend just highlights.

As for a scalp cut and the color getting in, it won't have any affect on baby. By the time your body processes it and baby's placenta nothing is hitting baby.

The ONLY warning I give is acrylics. The scent is just too much. I personally won't work around it as it makes me too nauseous.

Absolutely concur with Froggyfrog and Pix. Enjoy getting your hair done professionally Jennifur!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->