• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair conundrum

babyzoe

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I've been getting the keratin straightener done recently as it's a frickin miracle. It tames my frizzies and keeps it straight rain or shine. My last treatment was last July so I'm long overdue for another one (it lasts about 3 months). But I've noticed in the last two to three months my hair has been getting REALLY tangled. I'll come it and within an hour there are little knots in it. So much so that when I brush my hair in the morning the knots are matted with clumps of white dandruff on it. It's so nasty. And whenever I brush or comb it I can hear popping from static electricity. I've read that my hair has become really dry and that's what is causing it but this has never happened before so I don't know how to "cure" it. Any suggestions? I miss my straight, silky, shiny, non-tangled hair.

Well, there are a lot of possible reasons your hair is acting that way.

The first and possibly most likely reason is the keratin treatments themselves. The chemicals and the heat used in those treatments can damage your hair and when it wears off, can cause your hair to look and feel worse than it did before you go the treatment. Also, some of them contain toxic levels of formaldehyde: https://stuffboston.com/2011/05/02/getting-it-straight-untangling-the-keratin-controversy

Other possible reasons for your hair woes: mechanical damage from brushing too roughly through knots, chemical damage from harsh products, heat damage from blow dryers and/or flat irons, or product buildup.

Some things to consider: Do you wash your hair every day? What products do you use? Do you style with heat? How gently do you handle your hair? What is your natural hair type (how curly? how coarse/fine?)

In any case, your solution may be as simple as getting a trim. I've had times when my hair was completely unmanageable, but a 1" trim made all the difference. Other things you can try include- deep conditioning treatments, oiling, protein treatments, etc.

If you'd like more specific advice, feel free to answer some of the above questions and I'll help :) My hair is down to my thighs, so I have some experience in hair care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->