Hair dressers/hair experts

jenny82

Reaction score
Ok, so I need some help or advice. If you have frizzy type hair, is that it? Are you stuck with it for life? I have spent years trying to achieve non-frizzy hair that I don't have to blowdry all the time, but I think it is all in vain.

My hair is red and because of it, the texture is quite course. Not on a Fizz-from-Corrie level, but still pretty frizzy. I haven't had the time to blowdry it in a while so I make do with washing with a smoothing shampoo/conditioner, sticking some moroccan oil through the ends, putting it up with a crocodile clip and then combing through when its dry or almost dry, but it still looks like crap! If I do blowdry, I then need to straighten but I hate doing that as long-term, it just causes more damage :/

Is there anything I can do? I don't want perfection but I am sick of looking like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards! Any tips greatly greatly appreciated :thumbup:

ETA: I'm going to get my hair did next weekend. Full colour and cut. I want to explain to my hairdresser that I need something pretty low-maintenance, but I always do that and then end up with the same boring mid-length style. So bored with it!

Hey hun. . Yeah if your hair is curly that's it you can't cchange it to grow straight . But you could have it chemically straightened that will grow out so eventually would be roots you need doing x

I've had my head stuck into remedies so here goes

For frizz, you're right, you don't want to go down the over straightening route, I just have, and it's not good!
However, you might want to check out Tresemmes Keratin range. I've been using th blow dry cream and omg, that lasts!
I have been recommended to try out cocochoco blow dry cream. This is meant to last for a lot longer, and while it's pricey and you will have to straighten to seal it into the hair, it reduces how often you need to heat style thereafter. Either should really reduce frizz.

Conditioner only washing seems to be becoming popular, I still haven't tried that either, but it will reduce how much natural oils you strip from your hair. Have a google. Similarly there's the "curly girl method".

Another trick for your coarse hair would be to try pure coconut oil on your hair, and leave for 30mins-couple of hours. I've done this tonight and it feels great.

Ooh I never thought of that. If you get it chemically straightened, will it make the hair flat, or still have a bit of bounce or volume? I would pay for it if it meant I didn't have to worry about it!

From when I used to chemically straighten in the salon it would have a bounce, yes. It wouldn't be poker straight, but it would be much more relaxed, I had a few clients that always came back, but as em has said, roots are a pain, and it can be an expensive process depending on how it's done.

Wow cheers AP. Just had a read up on the curly girl method and it sounds really good and makes a lot of sense too! I guess I have to decide whether I want to stick with curls or go straight with a blowdrying cream. Hmmm..

Maybe try a cream first or go into a salon and have your hair blow dried straight before you make the choice u want it permanent.xx

Sure does make a lot of sense, I am really trying to break my constant heat styling and washing routine. It would save my colour longer too.
If no shampoo is scary, you could dilute shampoo with conditioner or check out non sulfates like LOreal Everpure. I see less colour coming off too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->