Hair dye

Louisex

Reaction score
Is there any hair dye that's safe to use in pregnancy? I don't mind if it's non permanant, I want to dye in black or dark brown x

I dyed my hair at 12 weeks. I asked my doctor and midwife and consulted my pregnancy book, and they all said it was safe. The doctor and midwife said it was completely safe but if I felt more comfortable, I could wait until im was 12 weeks - which is what I did.

Apparently the amount of chemicals that can get into your bloodstream fro hair dye is so small it won't harm the baby, and if you get highlights/lowlights, then there's even less "risk" as the dye doesn't touch the scalp at all.

I get alot of greys, so i'll probably end up dying my hair twice again during my pregnancy - so three times in total, as opposed to once a month which is what I did before.

Hope this helps x

Heya, Its actually safe to dye your hair with permenant dye during pregnancy but you have to be carefull because your skin is more sensitive and the colour may come out different to what its supposed to! (The joys of pregnancy :haha:)

But to be on the safe side you could use L'oreal creme casting gloss? Its semi permenant but I've used a few different shades of it before and I think its really good :) Also gentle on your hair and smells fruity instead of chemical-ish lol

Or you could pop to the hairdressers and ask them what to do they'll probably recommend highlights or semi-perm colour so the choice is yours :)

Hope this helps :) (I trained as a hairdresser and then worked in a salon so just going by experience) xx

I use that one as well and its really good. ive actually just dyed my hair right now! im the same i waited til i was past 12 weeks. this is the second time ive done it since being preggo and will prob have to do one more before my baby shower ;) (lol) ive just tried to do it somewhere thats well ventilated like sit outside while its developing etc x

I used casting creme gloss aswell because it has no ammonia! It's semi permanent but I neeeeded it!!

i've been wanting to dye my hair as my roots are starting to look drabby now but I was worried that it would go completely the wrong colour with my hormones all over the place at the mo!!
I think i'll give that creme gloss a try..., thanks ladies!! :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->