Hair dyed red at 9 weeks

lottypea

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a MMC in August at 6.4 weeks (body caught up at 8 weeks). I'm now nearly 9 weeks, had a scan last Wednesday and measured 8 weeks exactly and saw the heartbeat! Today, I feel so foolish as I've just had my hair dyed bright red and the dye was on my scalp for well over an hour, it's stained and still tingling! I am terrified this will affect the baby :( I asked the Midwife about dying hair and she said it is fine, but I'm really not sure. It was really smelly too! I came home and cried my eyes out for being so stupid, had a look on the NHS website and it says to maybe wait until second trimester and maybe have highlights instead! I'd really like to hear from anyone who had dyed their hair like me in their first trimester and everything's worked out ok. I know I'm over anxious, but I honestly can't see how over an hour of hair dye won't have seeped into my bloodstream and could potentially affect the baby :(

I'm always dying my hair red, even when pregnant and I have 3 healthy children. You'll be fine ☺

You'll be fine as long as you do it in a well ventilated room and do the patch test as your skin is a lot more sensitive/susceptible to allergies in pregnancy.

I dyed my hair when I was 5 weeks pregnant and my daughter is now 2 weeks old and healthy, your baby will be fine.

Thank you for your reassurance. Scalp has calmed down a bit now, which I think has helped calm me down too. Silly really as I've been blonde for years and only used highlights and now, in my first trimester I decide to go for an all over red. :dohh:

I have dyed my hair (red, purple & brown) through both my pregnancies and I did it again at 5 weeks this time round. I was told it is absoluely fine as long as you don't have an allergic reaction so I think you are fine hun xxx

Thank you, I've just been scaring myself with Google telling me I should have waited until after the second trimester :oops:

The reason to wait is to do with the heightened risk of an allergic reaction when you are pregnant. :) You will be fine :) In future remember to have a skin test at least 72 hours prior to having the service carried out. x

Thank you, trying to relax. Even phoned EPU and they said step away from Doctor Google and everything is fine X

I dyed my hair about three times when I was pregnant with DD. I just did it in a well ventilated area and strictly followed the time directions. I did wait until the 2nd trimester but I don't think that makes much of a difference. I'm sure everything will be okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->