Hair dying

P

purple_socks

I know ur hair can react differently to dye when r pregnant but was wondering how long that last...if i got my hair coloured after i had the baby how long du think i'd need to wait to avoid any strangeness like it turning green!?

LMAO. I don't know how long after baby. I had no idea it would have an effect until I got my hair dyed for my wedding and not only did it come out a different shade to usual, it faded really quickly! I'd say maybe wait 6 weeks until after the birth when your hormones have calmed down? I don't know if there's any guidelines on this!

i still get mine done in pregnancy my hairdresser said its really unlikey of getting a reaction. and she said that brown dye is more likely to react than blonde.

I've dyed my hair a couple of times and its been fine with no diffrence than normal, i think you just need to do the strand test to see how it reacts as it can change when your pregnant. x

I think it's pretty rare that it would turn a weird colour. Not sure, I have a few friends who get highlights during their pregnancies, and they come out good. I dye mine a very dark brown, and it comes out normal too. Not too sure how long after delivery you would have to wait either? Can you get a patch test done?

OOOOoooooh believe me I have seen many peoples colours going wrong due to hormones, its more common that you think, whether its dye or bleach, dark or light!! i used to work in a salon and still do a few odd jobs. If you're planning to go to a salon however, if anything goes wrong they can rectify it!

its likely to go a shade or 2 lighter than usual and will go green if you go swimming within 6 weeks of birth.

I dyed mine a bright red during pregnancy and it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. After I had DD I waited until about 6 weeks and dyed it bright red again and it turned out great :)

I've had mine dyed about 4 times so far this pregnancy and all was fine, only thing I noticed was it faded quicker. I've been swimming fine too.

Altho my sisters often goes green when she swims and shes not even pregnant :D

would defo recommend doing starnd test at anytime in preg as i usually have blonde highlights and had a starnd test done 2 weeks ago and it made it go like chewing gum!!!! soooo glad for the strand test lol

I dyed my hair black and pink, and within a month the (permanent) black had washed out!

Before this, I dyed my hair brown for my wedding to try and even the colour out and had terrible trouble getting the dye to take.

My pink has stayed in well though :)

I hadn't had my hair done since last August as I'd felt so crappy but was sick of having long roots so went and had it done last week. Same colour and came out the same as before I was pregnant :)

I've dyed my hair twice since getting my :bfp: and opted for going dark brown (I usually go for highlights) as I'd heard the same thing about going green lol! Both times my hair came out fine but the dark brown did fade alot quicker than it normally would.
Looks like I might get to put my hightlights back in after all :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->