Hair looking greasy even though it's just been washed?

That's what worries me!! That it'll look like I've got dandruff or something :haha: Hm, might have to give it a go one day when I haven't got to go anywhere lol.

Assuming it lasts forever and won't go funky anyway.... I was given it when I was in hospital having my, now 21 month old, son :haha:

A few people have mentioned dry shampoo. I was given some aaaaages ago but have never used it because I worry about adding stuff to my hair and making it look worse :haha: Does it really work?

I can't live without mine. My favourite is by Tresemme as I find it quite clear compared to the likes of batiste that have a white residue but if you brush it through well after spraying it in and rub it in you shouldn't be able to see anything.

Thanks for posting this and all the great advice, I've always had naturally greasy hair, I have to wash it every day ever since I was a teenager (I know this us a cycle) I can just about get away ugh washing it every it her day when I'm not working but I have to scrape it back. ATM it's sooo much worse which I put down to BFm I generally feel a bit sweatier ATM lol but I'm gonna try some if these things.

Does anyone recommend some shampoos and conditioners that are good for fine hair, I get split ends too boo. Should I condition every time?

I condition every time and, other than when I used to bleach my hair, have never had issues with it despite dying/straightening it frequently. I use tresemme most of the time, you can order the bottles really cheaply off Amazon.

Thanks for all your replies! I'm going to change my shampoo and conditioner and see if that makes a difference. I've tried 2 different heat protection sprays but my hair is still the same. I don't know if it's my straighteners.. I've had them 5 years. Do they need replacing every so often? x

Heat protection sprays will only add more oils and make your hair look greasier faster. I would say give your straighteners a good clean often too (while they are off of course :rofl:)

What do I clean my straighteners with? I have never cleaned them before.. Maybe that is why they are making my hair greasy, oops! :haha:

I just use something like fairy liquid on a wet cloth to remove grease, and then wipe them clean with a plain wet cloth.

I've just washed my hair with a different shampoo and conditioner and only conditioned the ends, it feels a little better but I think it's the heat protection spray that's making my hair greasy. I'm just worried my hair will get really damaged if I stop using it.

Thanks for all your tips, they are brill! :thumbup:

Several things really;

- change your shampoo and conditioner
- make sure you shampoo twice, not once (this is a big one)
- rinse your hair for that bit longer than you'd expect to to get every last bit of product out of your hair
- no conditioner in the roots, only apply from half way down
- never put any serum type hair product on your roots
- don't play with your hair
- invest in some dry shampoo, I use it sometimes when my hairs just been washed and fully dried just to get some extra volume
- blow drying your roots help with moisture. When I don't blow dry my roots and just leave it to dry by itself it gets greaser far quicker

I suffer from oily roots and my good hair dresser friend told me all the above a long time ago, it's helped so much xx

Really couldn't put it better than this.

I sometimes get this, and it can be anything from me not rinsing properly, to using conditioner too close to the root and it weighs my hair down.

Fab advice in Nut_Shake's comment :thumbup:

xo

Thanks AP for the straighteners thing! I was wondering how I should go about cleaning mine!

Dry shampoo is a god send, it always smells nice too! xxx

Mines gone a bit greasy lately too. I really do think using a deep clarifying shampoo helps eliminate buildup. (Even though I don't put much product in my hair)
I use dry shampoo in light brunette as my hair is blondey brown and I don't like the way it tints it white/grey if I use the original lol but also beware with the brunette one too as I sprayed it too close one day and ended up with a blob on my scalp that looked like black marker :haha:

I bought mane n tail clarifying shampoo and I've already noticed my hair feels bouncier and has a bit more life in it, I've only used it the once, once a week ok? Going to get some dry shampoo next I think!

I bought mane n tail clarifying shampoo and I've already noticed my hair feels bouncier and has a bit more life in it, I've only used it the once, once a week ok? Going to get some dry shampoo next I think!

Isn't that horse shampoo? :haha:

I got recommended it and I had to google before I bought it :haha: apparently it's good for both...?! It smells good and my hair feels very bouncy, either way I'm happy lol.

I got recommended it and I had to google before I bought it :haha: apparently it's good for both...?! It smells good and my hair feels very bouncy, either way I'm happy lol.

Might get some then :haha: xxx

Is it expensive? x

Oooh I might order some then! Although my hair seems to be a lot less greasy since I put a semi permanent dye on it at the weekend. You'd think a colour would make it more greasy :shrug:

I might get some of this mane shampoo also :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->