Hair loss

dani_tinks

Mum to one of each
Reaction score
I'm concerned. My hair seems to be falling out more than the usual.

I don't remember this happening with my first? Does anyone know if this is normal? I'm approx 5 weeks :(.

Hmm... the only time I had hair loss was in the weeks post partum with my DD. I would mention it to your doctor at your next visit and see what they say.

Only started lossing some of mine after giving birth. Sorry no help. X

Hi, mine started falling out between weeks 6 and 8 - I posted on here somewhere about it. It stopped after that and seems OK now. I spoke to my hairdresser and she said it was hormones and is quite common.. X

I've noticed this too over last few days. I don't remember it last 2 times though. X

How strange. Wonder if it's something to do with the hormones? I don't think it's my thyroid but I guess i'll mention it to the GP/Midwife whenever I see one. Thanks ladies.

Just wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy! I always had it post partum with both boys but as it is a hormonal thing (with my eldest it was the mini pill that triggered it I think, I started taking it when he was 3 months, lost what felt like a ton of hair and ended up coming off it after only a month and it stopped) I'm sure it probably is related to hormones and will hopefully settle down in a couple of weeks, it always looks worse in your hands than it is falling out, it's never as much as it looks if that makes sense!

How strange. Wonder if it's something to do with the hormones? I don't think it's my thyroid but I guess i'll mention it to the GP/Midwife whenever I see one. Thanks ladies.

I could be the hormones. But hairloss is a symptom of hypothyroid and it's important enough that I'd want to make sure that isn't what is causing it.

Indeed. I don't have any other symptoms to suggest there's a problem with my thyroid but I'll be sure to mention it to the GP when I see him.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! :dance:.
My hair started falling out right from the start of this pregnancy, my shower is permanently clogged :sick: :haha:. My hair is thicker than before though!

A friend of mine lost all her hair in pregnancy. It was her thyroid. Get it checked x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->