"hair" question

Gemma Lou

Reaction score
I wanted to post a thread about a slightly embarrasing question.....well I guess its not embarassing, but I don't feel that I can ask any of my friends as I feel yucky about it.

As you can see from my ticker I am 9 weeks pregnant. In the last couple of weeks I have noticed that a couple of my downy facial hairs on my chin have got a little bit of colour to them and seem to be on a growth spurt....and I have also noticed a couple of black hairs coming through on my chin. Has anybody else experienced this. The midwife says its normal. Normally though you can have electrolisis to get rid of them, but of course being pregnant you aren't allowed to do that and if you pluck them they will just get thicker?:dohh:

Please tell me there is someone else out there experiencing the same......and please tell me what you are doing about it! Its not so bad on other parts of your body as you can hide it, but your face is a little different!

I feel selfish that I am worrying about it when I should just be chuffed to bits that I am pregnant. :blush:

Awww bless, I too am not looking forward to this phase! I've notice my underarm hair is growing thick and black, and FAST already! I too have the downy hair round my lip and under my chin that at the moment you can't see but if it goes a tad darker (which it inevitably will) it'll be really noticeable. I imagine you can't bleach when pg too? Have you tried asking at Boots or somewhere? Or even just go into Boots or a chemist and peruse the hair removal aisle and read the backs of everything to see what you can use.

I think thats what I will have to do. I was thinking of asking my beautitian next time I go for waxing...but the general advice seems to be "don't touch it" and it will sort itself out after the pregnancy.....but I still want to look good, I don't want to suddenly become unattractive to my Hubby. I know he'd be really understanding and keep telling me about the "miracle" of my body making our baby.....but I still know its there! Us women are never happy are we!
I noticed your mood says you are sad...I hope everything is ok?

i have a random black LONG hair around my belly button.. wasn't there before, and it's only one.

weird . but i guess it's one of those joys of pregnancy!

I have 3 of those by my bellybutton! I just trim those ones!

I near freaked when i found a hair on my chin and it was a long black one to! i thought i was going to have a beard! and my belly is covered in hair. My pubes have also grown longer and I swear they are trying to meet up with the belly hairs. Its hormones apparently. I dont know if they do away or not but i dont fancy waxing and plucking for the rest of my life after this as my mum does that and its not sometihng that I want to do.

Dragonfly......would I be selfish to say I am relieved I am not the only one. When I first posted this thread 11 people looked at it and nobody replied so I thought I was the only one! I think I am just going to trim them.....like you, I don't want to get into waxing my bloomin chin and things like that! Did you just trim the one on your chin then or did you pluck it out?

Sorry Gemma Lou couldn't stop giggling I was thinking how attractive pregnancy is giving us all these delightful little problems. I would speak to a pharmacist as they know what they are talking about and chat to your beautician see if she has any ideas. i know what you mean seems to be growing like wild fire got a delightful few on my boobs!

I know, it is kind of chuckle factor, but kind of not too!

Yep it happens and it can go back to normal after pregnancy. If you pluck it gets worse hun. I would either leave it and see or if it's really noticable then remove it and get the electrolyse done after pregnancy. Hugs

I have been told it disappears after birth...but I'm not convinced! x

Yep it happens and it can go back to normal after pregnancy. If you pluck it gets worse hun. I would either leave it and see or if it's really noticable then remove it and get the electrolyse done after pregnancy. Hugs

Thanks...have you had the same then?:hugs:

I have the odd one or two of these and although i wanna leave them for the time being, my OH keeps sneaking up on me when im asleep and tryna pluck it out!! My god it hurts when he manages it!

Dragonfly......would I be selfish to say I am relieved I am not the only one. When I first posted this thread 11 people looked at it and nobody replied so I thought I was the only one! I think I am just going to trim them.....like you, I don't want to get into waxing my bloomin chin and things like that! Did you just trim the one on your chin then or did you pluck it out?

I havnt looked to closely at it in a while but I showed it to oh who pretended not to see it, its like 2 cm long! how could anyone miss that! my eye brows look like wind bushes and I havnt the strength to pluck them as they are really sore and sensitive, you know like when your period is on its sore on your eye brows, must be hormones that make them sore. I refuse to look closly to see if that hair has come back or is still there, or worse they may be more! my mum is always waxing the tash and beard off and I am not like her i dont have hair there :hissy: no bloody way am I starting to have!

There hair line from under my boobs to my belly button and beyond is annoyer but sometimes I rub it, its soft :rofl: and there is fine hair all around it. Hairy belly! oh very nice! my pubes you can braid and have got caught in my panty liner and had a free wax from it :blush: ouch!

all this hair better not be there after pregnancy! i did ask does it go away and didnt geta solid answer out of anyone. What if we look like yeties forever!!:hissy:

Maybe we will have to invent a yetti club!!!!! You've had me in stitches with your comments! Thank you for cheering me up! x

I have the odd one or two of these and although i wanna leave them for the time being, my OH keeps sneaking up on me when im asleep and tryna pluck it out!! My god it hurts when he manages it!

Ouch, thats harsh! At least you can tell him now that you aren't the only one! Maybe you should let him read this thread and have a giggle at how paranoid we all are! :hugs:

Ouch, thats harsh! At least you can tell him now that you aren't the only one! Maybe you should let him read this thread and have a giggle at how paranoid we all are! :hugs:

Nar i usually find a quick sharp slap round the face works well hehehe

Classyburd, thats hilarious! x Hope all is well with you! I see we're just under a week apart! x

Yes all is doing ok with me cheers hun.
Ermmm got midwife next weds and scan is the tuesday after that wooo

it happens one tip DO NOT SHAVE otherwise it'll never go away!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->