Hair

Jules

Mummy of 1 Girl & 1 Boy
Reaction score
Is it ok to get your hair coloured when your pregnant?!? Got mine booked in for before christmas, but dont want it to fall out or anything !

I've read in a couple books that it's ok to get your hair dyed while pregnant, I had mine dyed when I was around 18 weeks or so, so i'd say you should be alright

yes my midwife said its fine they used to say years ago not too but she said now the dyes are alot milder and its fine ive had mine done since ive been pregnant too xxx

Uhmmm...

My hairdresser said its more advisable to use foils rather than applying dye straight onto your scalp.

Suppose you hear that many different things.

I really couldnt say :wacko:

I have been looking it up on the net and had read something similar, babybean. luckily i have foils instead of full head colouring anyway, thanks !

You're ok generally but some hairdressers are reluctant to do it in the first/last few weeks/months of pregnancy, you need to ask around really to get their opinion on it. As someone already said, it's a much better idea to have foils rather than a full dye (I had that done during my pregnancy and it was fine). The only thing you may notice, is that the colour doesn't turn out how you expected because of the pregnancy hormones I believe.

I havent bothered with mine. Before I fell pregnant I dyed it all back to my natural Colour.

Once bubs has arrived though its one of the top things on my agenda, I always get foils though too when I go to the hairdressers.

X

Im a hairdreser altho i dont work as one at the mo, you can dye your hair but if its bleach or a light colour id recomend foils so it doesnt touch your scalp.

Just make sure with any dye that your in a well ventilated room, also hair dyes tend to take very well in pregnancy so id choose a colour lighter than you want to go

x

i'm thinking of getting it done a little darker so that my roots don't show so easily in future, i am really blonde at min so having to get done like every four weeks, Can't afford to be paying for it doing every month now that babies on its way!

I dyed mine today after 4months of debating wether to or not lol

I kjust wanted to dye the high lights out cuz I cant keep them up and seeing every1 at christmas with your hi-lites half way down your head dont look to cool :coolio:

Its come out fine apart from a few bits havent taken very well but thats fine by me dont look half as bad as it used to :D

xx

Im a hairdresser and I agree with Layla that you should be in a well ventilated room which by code in the US every salon should be anyway.

The only thing is that when your pregnant your scalp produces more oils than normal and they are slightly differant than they were before you were pregnant, so sometimes the hormone changes in your secretions and your hair can cause the color to take a little differently. But thats only with color and toner not with bleach. Its just good to do foils or balayage instead of color so that it doesnt directly touch your scalp. But they can color in darker peices with either of those two methods to make your grow out less noticable. I would suggest balayage if you arent already doing it because it has easier growout than foils anyway.

i read/told best to wait until your past 12 weeks

i never bothered until i reached 28 weeks

I dyed my hair a lighter blonde...and now that I'm pg I haven't dyed it again...my natural hair color is blonde anyway, but a dark blonde so I kinda want to dye it back to my natural color cause I look kinda streaky now. I'm just kinda nervous that it'll hurt the peanut in some way cause I have to do my whole head and it's gonna get on my scalp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->