Half term activities - Berkshire

jenny82

Reaction score
Hoping someone can point us in the direction of some fun stuff to do around this area? Maybe as far down as Southampton.

I want to do some fun stuff as it's our last few months just me & the 2 kids. I haven't been too long in this area so not too sure of really cool things for us to do. I am willing to drive about an hour if it's something decent! Thank you :)

I like Coral Reef in Bracknell it's one of those swimming pools with waves etc.

I like Coral Reef in Bracknell it's one of those swimming pools with waves etc.

I was thinking there but it might be insane this week because everyone is off :/. Also my LO is doing swimming lessons atm and stopped using his armbands. I dont think I'd be confident yet taking him on his own with his sister if he wasn't wearing them, which is a shame. Might do the outlook park thing across the road though...if it doesn't rain :dohh:

How about Peppa Pig World or Marwell zoo, they are not too far from Berkshire and towards Southampton. We really enjoy Odds Farm in Beaconsfield, there is also Bekonscot Model Village and Railway which looks good

Wow they all look really good! I think the kids would love peppa pig world. Do you think I could do it on my own with the kids? OH can't take a day off work. I am also wondering if I can shrink my older LO, as he is 1.03m - 3cm above the free limit!

Wow they all look really good! I think the kids would love peppa pig world. Do you think I could do it on my own with the kids? OH can't take a day off work. I am also wondering if I can shrink my older LO, as he is 1.03m - 3cm above the free limit!

We love Peppa Pig World, it is fab for little ones. I have never done it on my own with my 2 but I do think you could do it. A lot of the rides allow 3 to go on at the same time. They are very strict on height though and if a child is in the pushchair and can walk they do ask you to get them out to check. We want to visit again soon, my daughter is just under/on the 1m mark so we may try our luck and hope for the best but we will be prepared to buy her a ticket if needed

We've been to the model village that is fun, and we keep meaning to go to Odds Farm too looks lovely, just waiting for a nice day! There's Windsor Castle and Legoland in Windsor (obviously!) although be careful it's around this area that there's been flooding, we would go through Datchet to get to Windsor and I believe that is badly flooded. It would be easy for you to get into London to do the museums etc if you wanted also.

We have season ticket passes for Odds Farm but we haven't been able to go recently with this horrid weather :(

Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital is meant to be a good place to visit. I hope to go this year, it is closed until Easter though https://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/visitor.html

Also there is a Natural History Museum in Tring which is free entry

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/tring/index.html

Thank you for all the info! I think we are going to go to Bekonscot. LOs really want peppa pig world but I think I would like OH to go, so we will do the model village thing instead. I've bookmarked the other places though for the next time we want an adventure :)

We are going to London on Saturday for a Pixar concert thing which will be good. I definitely need my OH on hand though, couldn't do the underground on my own with these two! We are going to go back to Legoland later in the year once the baby comes and I can do more of the rides :thumbup:

I don't blame you, I have to take DS1 to the Chelsea and Westminster twice next week....by myself...which means DS2 as well, nervous doesn't cut it lol!

Hope you enjoy the village it's great for little people, take some change so you can go on the mini railway :)

Sorry to bump this, where are you ladies in Berkshire? I'm Reading (Spencer's wood specifically) Marianne are you at Arborfield (as your OH is in the army?)

No I'm just over the border in Middlesex but it's easy to get to things in Berkshire and a nice change from London! I went to uni in Reading.

Wow small world. I'm in Spencers Wood :) I haven't been here too long though so still learning my way about!

We didn't end up doing any of the activities I had planned lol. I had to do a bit of unexpected car shopping but we did go to Windsor Castle & into London yesterday so it was still a good halfterm and my LO pulled himself out of his grump by the end of the week :)

Wow how funny! I'm Appletree Lane. We have probably bumped into each other on a shop or something! So you go to the baby group at the village hall?

Wow I'm really not far from you at all! I am just on Hyde End Road!

I do go to the toddler group but have been a bit lax recently as I've been helping out at LO's preschool a morning or two per week. I try to go to the one in Swallowfield on a Friday as well if we have the time. I'm actually going in the morning if I can get in time (MW is coming out to the house at half 9 so depends on how long she stays), if you'll be there? I'm easy to spot - heavily pregnant,, irish, tired looking and chasing after a tiny little red-headed maniac :haha:

I cant message you! I cant make it on Mondays, as I work...:( Let me know when you will be going back...

Will it not let you? Weird, must check my settings as I was getting them before :/

Thats ok, I think we will be going Thursday instead. We didn't make it today either as MW didn't leave until 10.45 :)

Doh! Sorry, I'm so silly, I totally forgot that I am going this home birth group thing in Caversham on Thursday morning so I won't be able to go to toddler group :( My 2 year old won't be happy! I will really try to make it next week, so far my week is clear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->