Hallo Everyone

Coral_Reef

Reaction score
A little about me...........

I am a mommy to two little girls ages 6 years and 9 years. Single since last year Mid March and divorced in September last year 2020.

I am mainly on here to chat again with other moms with children in my age group and also support those who need it.

My eldest was a NICU baby and youngest high risk after two losses. I know all about PND, Reflux, Colic, natural parenting and non natural parenting.

Currently I am still single and co-sleeping with my girls as we feel more comfortable and sleep better. Making friends is tough after a divorce, but we will get through this as well.

I made some awsome friends here in the past and hope to do so again.

Then, is it normal for my 6 year old to have separation anxiety after divorce? It's becoming better and her mood overall seems better since I established a routine. But I want to help her feeling happy again.

Hi, I don't have experience with divorce but I think that it would be normal for her to have some separation anxiety. It's a common reaction to a big change in little kids lives.

Yeah high five co-sleeping moms post separation! My son had terrible nightmares because his dad is a *head. So I started cosleeping with him because I wasn't getting any sleep. It's 3 years later, and he naps in his bed but still prefers mine at night. I think mostly because mine is bigger and comfier haha. He used to have to sleep right up against me, but now we're on opposites sides of the bed.

It's totally normal to go through that separation anxiety. You just have to keep loving on her and doing what you're doing. She will adjust. I thought my son would never get over his, and people didn't think he would have any because he was 4 months when I kicked his dad out and then 11 months when his dad stopped his visitation. Like you said, you're already seeing improvements. <3

I know things are wonky with the schools now. But have you told her teacher? We usually have supports available through school like youth counselors or guidance counselors that can help her in small group settings or they can maybe point you in the direction of 1-1 support. Journaling or writing poetry and baking was a huge thing for me growing and dealing with the loss of dad. As an adult, I find painting really therapeutic or walking with music (though I only have music in one ear and I have my dogs with me, I don't suggest walking with music if you are otherwise unguarded).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->