• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Halloumi?

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
Today we went to a bbq and LO was munching various veg that was coming off the grill. Then someone asked me if she could have some halloumi - I've never had it before but I knew it was cheese so assumed it would be fine and Issy devoured a stick of it.
Then I tried some and it tasted really salty? Is that just the way it tastes or it matured in salt or something? I'm really worried she shouldn't have had it!
Has anyone given LO halloumi or should I steer clear in the future?

I was just going to say, it is v salty. It wont have done any harm, but I probably wouldnt give LO it again for a while until shes a bit bigger :)

Feta and Halloumi are really salty it won't have done any harm but best to avoid in future xx

Ooh, it features in one recipe in a book I have about finger for foods for babies and toddlers. It just says not to give it to under ones. I think it is one of the many foods that are fine to give occasionally but not every day!

I gave it to Omar twice when he we started weaning but I used to wash it in hot water then grill it to reduce the salt. xx

Thanks everyone, I've quit worrying :D I just won't stock the fridge with the stuff! It is very tasty though, never mind Isabelle, I may have found a new addiction :haha:

Ooooh I love love love Haloumi :) It's amazing if you do it as part of kebabs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->