Halloween

I love halloween too. We don't decorate the house atm although would be an idea for future years but I do halloween baking like ghost shaped gingerbread men and we make witches brew. Callum also likes going trick or treating and is going to be batman this year

We're pagan so Halloween/Samhain is a big day for us. I don't do a lot of decorating other than a few small items that have been gifts. We do carve pumpkins. We usually take the kids to a place around here called Animal Adventure that's kind of like a zoo where you can feed a lot of the animals, they do trick or treating there, staff gets dressed up and hands out candy at each of the pens. In addition I help coordinate the Halloween party at church (UU Pagan-friendly church) and that's always a lot of fun. We've also got a harvest dance party this Friday to go to. We usually do trick or treat around the neighborhood on Halloween night.

Spiritually we do a small family ritual too where we focus on remembering those who have passed and leave offerings for our ancestors.

Marmaduke- i love your decorations, specially the witch's legs haha

My husband is a big Halloween nut, and if we could he would go all out with decorations etc we have a few small things hanging around and some lights outside, and the kids and i made some ghosts to hang in the trees outside.
I love how much people celebrate it here in North America, they don't really celebrate it in Australia, so growing up and trying to trick or treat was a let down.
We live in a resort type campground, and every year they do little halloween themed carnival games, costume contests, pumpkin carving and apple bobbing, this year they are also doing a tractor ride and are decoration and old historic home here on the property turning it into a haunted house. so we don't really have to take the kids trick or treating through the streets,we do it here in the park.

This year i am not sure what my son is going to be, but my oldest daughter wants to be Zombie Elsa, and i am going to attempt to dress my 2 year old as Chucky lol

Morrisons had two huge crates of pumpkins today, 50p each!

They were small/medium in size, I'm going to wait a little longer this year as last year they went all squidgy at the bottom.

I had to pick some up the other day. 50p! Crazy prices. Now pumpkins are starting to take over our house. But I did make this rather fetching little window display.

Attachments

• 12088079_894788650570423_6365859384881077710_n.jpg
    12088079_894788650570423_6365859384881077710_n.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 9
The window looks gorgeous Kate.
My boys are being a werewolf, a vampire, a zombie and possibly a pumpkin or another zombie

We love Halloween too! I was so excited to do our first Halloween arts and crafts project with our newborn twins. We made finger paint and had the boys make hand and feet imprints. This is how it turned out: https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/halloween-art-homemade-finger-paint/

We love Halloween too! I was so excited to do our first Halloween arts and crafts project with our newborn twins. We made finger paint and had the boys make hand and feet imprints. This is how it turned out: https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/halloween-art-homemade-finger-paint/

Fab idea

Strange question but I am deciding to buy a pumpkin this year just to carve etc? Not eat, thing is when are you supposed to buy them as do they not go off? Or smell? Is a pumpkin a fruit or vegetable oh I'm so blonde :dohh::shrug::haha::blush:

I think it's a vegetable because of the way it grows, as an individual plant rather than many on a bush/tree I could be making that up though. We don't always do one but if we do I just get one a few days before. I've never had a problem with them all being sold out though you may not get the size or perfect shape you want

Kate the mannequin legs are giving me an endless amount of amusement.

I put my PJ bottoms & socks on the legs then stuck them out the end of the bed, got into bed as normal so it made me look 11ft tall, shouted my OH to come upstairs - he walked in rolled his eyes & exited the room.
My next plan is to put my skinny jeans & boots on them & place them under my car on the drive for when OH arrives home. Not sure yet if this is a little cruel?
I will be hiding behind the curtain to see the reaction. (the window will probably get steamed up due to all my sniggering as I wait)

:rofl:

We took the girls shopping for their costumes today. Lizzy decided on Snow White and Roxy a medieval archer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->