Ham help!

sunshine114

Reaction score
I've got a 2kg ham in my slow cooker, cooking in Coke. it's set on high (mine has high, auto - which is high then low, and low which is for keeping food warm). The book with it says for recipes that usually take 50 mins - 3 hours, on high that's 5-6 hours. I've had it on now since 10, so nearly 5 hours - how do I tell if it's cooked?! I haven't got a meat thermometer, and I'm worried it won't be cooked in the middle. I'm planning to glaze it and put it in the oven for a bit too. Any tips for knowing that it's done so I don't poison everyone?!

I put mine in on high at 1pm to be ready for 5pm. What time will you be taking it out to go in the oven? Sounds like it'd be fine, especially as you're finishing it off in the oven. Xc

I'm not sure, I was thinking maybe 4 ish. It's for eating cold tomorrow and Boxing Day, so I'm not set on time - just want to be cooked!

If it's been in that long it's probably definitely cooked. I don't have a slow cooker but mine was in for nearly 2 hours at gas mark 3 and was very obviously cooked - almost flaking apart :).

Thanks, I took it out and it was flaking apart, guess it's cooked because I could pull it with no effort at all. Enjoy your ham everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->