Hamsters

Tryingfora4th

Reaction score
The only thing my DD2 who is 7 really really wants for christmas is a hamster, I am loath to get her one as I hate the things but she is my baby and it will be priceless to see how happy she's going to be on christmas day when she gets the cage (I agreed if santa brought her a cage I would take her down to choose a hamster to go in it as obviously santa doesnt bring animals...)

She's wanted one for ages as my friend had one and she loved helping her clean out its cage etc so I'm hoping she will take on the responsibility as she is mature for 7, altho I dont really agree with giving pets at christmas and I'm well aware it will no doubt be muggins here who will be left to care for it, but I've really been stuck on what to get her this year as she's only asked for a hamster and 'just whatever santa wants to bring her'

Just looking for opinions on whether male or females are better? The huge balls that the boys get really puts me off getting a male, I've been reading around and most people seem to say males are less nippy, but females grow bigger.
Any tips on how to choose one? Is it like choosing a puppy, dont go for the most confident one or the shyest one, go for the one in between the two or is that totally irrelivent when it comes to hamsters?

Hi there,

I have always had male hamsters. Not a preference to them, infact I wasnt really too aware of the differences in temperament. Mine have always been a little bit 'nippy' the first few days, and then after that once they've gotten used to being handled, have been really tame and a pleasure. My hamsters balls arent too big or off putting. TBH you dont see them unless you hold the hamster upside down and look for them.

I am sure your little girl will be made up.

Xx

Have you considered rescuing a hamster ? It's much more humane as the ones in pet shops are breed in awful conditions ! It's like puppy farms !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->