Hand knitted clothes - is it an age thing

im 19 and cant stand it lol, not sure why tbh!
he doesnt really have clothes with cute animalssayings etc on either

I'm 22 & Kiara has a knitted cardigan.. my f/riend is 20 & puts her daughter in knitted things :) love knitted things, so beautifull x

[IMG]https://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/u13mwm/041.jpg[/IMG]

We have so much knitted stuff the girls rarely wear a shop bought cardi. My mum made this for Helen, please excuse the cheeks - molars were on their way! Oh and I'm 30, DH is 34 and loves knitwear even more than me so maybe it is an age thing!

I'm 31 and my LO has tons of hand knitted clothes and blankets made by my mum. She is a fantasic knitter and we often get comments about the things she had made and how lovely they are. She tends to pick modern patterns for me mostly. I have to say I like them better for LO because they are made with love for her which I think is great and they look very cute! I only have a couple of bought coats for LO everything else in outerwear is hand knitted (plus hats,gloves, bootees etc)

I don't think it's an age thing... just down to preference really! I'm 22 and OH is 25, my nan surprised me with loads of knitted hats, mittens, cardigans, a shawl and a blanket at my baby shower and Leo has worn and used all of them and looks so munchable in them!! xxx

Here are some pics! :cloud9:

First pic = 1 day old wrapped in his shawl.
Second pic = 2 days old, going home from hospital in his cardigan.
Third pic = 10 weeks old in his cardigan, hat and mittens!
Fourth pic = 12 weeks old wrapped in his blanket.

Leo! 026.jpg Going home outfit (Cardigan knitted by Nan, Dungarees from Silve, Booties from Daisy).jpg
nans knitted cardy, mitts and hat - 10 weeks 5 days.jpg 12+1.jpg

I love handknitted stuff and also things like tights on baby boys; which are now considered very old fashioned (but when I was a kid boots and mothercare sold tights made specifically for boys). My mum has arthritis in her hands though and poor vision bless her so she cannot knit anymore; so I got some brand new handknitted cardis off ebay for my youngest when he was small, one of the white ones I got a bit scared to put him in it because some of the comments I got about it from random people were a bit too gushing and envious and it creeped me out a bit xx

Im 20 and my LO wears knitted jumpers and cardigans, ive had sone things knitted for lo by my aunty and they were lovely but she also knitted him a jumper out of luminous green wool and I wouldn't dare put him it! :haha: but I think hands knits can be really lovely!

I don't think its an age thing in my opinion, I just think some knitted items are nicer than others, the ones we received were very sweet but the wouldn't fit my LO, weren't knitted very well or some appeared a bit girly.

My husband and I have never really been a fan but we appreciate all the time and effort that went into them so we are keeping them in case we have another baby in the future and one or two of the items may go to use.

P.s - some of the pics have gorgeous knitted items!

xx

Not to my taste, OH nan knitted one for Amara, but it was blue, and I think it made her look like a boy :haha: She wore it for the time we were there, and never again. I am 22 tomorrow, so 21 when I had A.

Attachments

• P2231128.jpg
    P2231128.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 7
I love the look of hand knitted stuff and I am turning 29 this month. However, I don't like manmade fibres on small babies, and actual wool is too scratchy (I HATED my wooly jumpers as a kid, I was always itchy) so my LO never really had anything.

I'm 24 and <3 hand knitted stuff! I have a giant box full for lo. Perfect for the winter.

I'm knocking on 38 and I love hand knitted stuff, especially matinee jackets and bonnets, but nobody has given us any since she got past 3 months and I can't knit. Boo.

We have also been given some awful colours though - a beautifully crocheted blanket but in white, pink, grey, orange and bottle green. ORANGE AND BOTTLE GREEN??? I've kept it though, for her to use for her dollies when she's older. Somebody also knitted her a giant clown in clashing colours. Not helped by the fact that I am terrified of clowns, IRL, knitted or otherwise.

Personally (I was 17 when I have Kyle im 20 now) I think it can look very nice of girls like little cardies but I dont think it really goes for boys.. I have asked for a few knitted bits for this baby but only for hats/mits as she will be a winter baby. I think really newborns just need vests/sleepsuits/hats/mits/booties and as they get older look better in "proper" clothes

I think it has a lot to do with the actual item, taste and style. Some hand knitted stuff is gorgous others is horrid. I'm 36 and grew up in hand knitted stuff.

My mum kept saying "I need to start knitting again to cut down the fags" So when I went to tell my mum I was pregnant I asked "Mum can you do me a favour, knit me a pair of bootees?" She replied "BOOTEES what for!" Me "Your wee grandkid that will be here in the middle of the winter with cold feet if you don't knit it some bootees"

So gave her some modern patterns that I liked and pointed her in the right direction.

I'm 24 and my mum knits for Louie all the time. I can actually knit as well but I'm rubbish compared to my mum and wouldn't put Louie in anything I've knitted! I'm attempting a blanket made out of squares at the moment, it will probably be ready for him when he's about 15!! LOL xx

I adore hand-knitted items and luckily my mum can produce things within hours so I have a huge box full of stuff.

That's how I told her I was pregnant. I produced a bag full of wool and told her I needed a favour!

I think it has a lot to do with the actual item, taste and style. Some hand knitted stuff is gorgous others is horrid. I'm 36 and grew up in hand knitted stuff.

My mum kept saying "I need to start knitting again to cut down the fags" So when I went to tell my mum I was pregnant I asked "Mum can you do me a favour, knit me a pair of bootees?" She replied "BOOTEES what for!" Me "Your wee grandkid that will be here in the middle of the winter with cold feet if you don't knit it some bootees"

So gave her some modern patterns that I liked and pointed her in the right direction.

What a lovely way to tell your mum!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->