Hannah May - Born on 29.01.10 at 36 weeks 3 days

Mrs M

Mother of 2 girls :-)
Reaction score
Well, it all started on Thursday 28th Jan at 7pm. I was 36 weeks and 2 days. I was due to start my maternity leave the next day on the Friday but i never managed to make it into work as my beautiful baby girl was born Friday morning at 02.53am.

It was Thursday night and i finished work at 5pm. Me and my husband went to visit my dad straight after work. We were talking and my dad was asking if i had any twinges or anything and i said no and we were just saying that we thought she would be a late baby. I had no brackton hicks throughtout my pregnancy and everything was 'perfect'. We got home about 6pm and had pizza, garlic bread and then ice cream for dessert for our tea. I started to run the bath about 7pm and went to the toilet just before getting in the bath. I then noticed quite alot of bright red blood in the toilet. I shouted to my husband and we decided to ring the hospital as i was under 37 weeks. I wanted to go to a midwife led unit and was planning on having a water birth but when i phoned them up i couldnt go there as i was just under 37 weeks, so i had to ring our other local hospital.

I got on the phone to them and she said that i should bring an overnight bag just incase i had to stop over and they would examine me to see what the bleeding was. I had a quick bath and put a pad on and on the way to the hospital i could slightly feel leaking water. When i arrived at the hospital i was having slight period pains but nothing too bad.

We got to the hospital about 8pm and i was hooked up to a machine where it checked contractions and the babys heartbeat. The baby was fine and it was picking up that i was having mild contractions. I was on this machine for a couple of hours and the contractions seemed to be getting more regular but i was coping ok. They didnt like to examine me as i was under 37 weeks and they didnt want to cause any infection.

So it got to about midnight and the midwife recommended that i went from the labour ward onto the maternity unit and try and get some sleep. My husband was sent home and i was put on the maternity unit. I was given a tens machine to try and help with the contractions, but they were getting more and more painful.

At about 1.15am i said to the midwife that i couldnt sleep and the pain was getting more and more painful. She then decided to examine me and i was 4cm dilated. She the moved me to the labour ward again and she phone my husband to come through. The contractions got worse from there and i was given gas and air, which just made me have a dry mouth and made me feel a little drunk. I cant really say it took any pain away.

From about 1.30am to 2.30am the pain got worse, but i went from 4cm to 10cm in about 1 1/2 hours. It took me about 20 mins to push her out. It was the most amazing feeling ever when she was placed onto my chest. We didnt know if we were having a boy or a girl so when my husband said that it was a girl, we were both over the moon. She had the cord wrapped round her neck twice but she was fine and started crying more or less striaght away. She was weighed and was 5lbs 6oz.

We are just so in love with her and even though i didnt experience a water birth, everything went great and the midwife who delivered her was amazing.

I had a slight little tear and it wouldnt stop bleeding so had to have 2 stitches.

But overall, it was a quick and amazing birth and Hannah is our world now. :cloud9:

Here are a couple of photos of our baby girl :-

https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs152.snc3/17955_1357468974249_1157226124_31076593_3193088_s.jpg

https://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs384.snc3/23490_1363233678363_1157226124_31091863_684947_s.jpg

Congrats on your little girl. Gas and air made me feel drunk too! x

congrats on little Hannah May - can't wait to see some pics!

congratulations welcome to the world Hannah May

Congratulations! She is gorgeous! And Hannah May is such a beautiful name! xx

Thankyou very much for your comments!!!!! x

Aww she was born on twins 1st birthday

Congratulations huni xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member