*Happy* Starting Clomid

Stardancer

Reaction score
I've been to the doctor this morning and I'm starting clomid on my next cycle. I'm so happy! I was taking metformin for my PCOS, but it made me really ill, so this is great news for me!

Are there any fellow clomid chicks out there who could tell me what to expect in the way of side effects etc? or any advice would be great!

It's weird to think my 9 year journey could be coming to an end finally... well, HOPEFULLY!

:happydance:

Hello Stardancer -

I have taken clomid for my last 2 cycles. I too have PCOS. It has really worked for me. I ovulate on cd14 after taking tablets from cd2 -6.

I haven't suffered any side effects but I know some people complain about feeling ill. My sister in law used to take her clomid with a cracker in the morning and that really helped her!!

Good luck to you. I hope it all goes well!!

:dust::dust::dust:

Thanks :) Have you stayed on 50mg a day then? Do you know how many cycles they'll let you take it for?

I have taken one round of Clomid so far. No real side effects for me. I was happy and chipper. Perhaps a bit of heartburn from it, but I also had the flu, so who knows! Good luck!

Hi,

My first cycle was 50mg and I produced one good sized egg. My second cycle was 100mg and it porduced 2 good sized eggs. I am going to stay on 100mg for the nest round and if that doesn't work I am going onto 150mg.

As long as you are ovulating and being carefully monitored then I don't think there is a limit to the length of time on Clomid. I am sure they will give people up to a year as long as it seems to be working.

Good luck

:dust::dust::dust:

i take 50mg and i am on my 2nd cycle, i think they give 3 months worth and then accss you, i have got an appointment to go back once i finished the 3rd cycle.

for me i would say the side effects ive had is really bad hot flushes and headaches but drink lots of cold drinks and that seems to help.

i reall wouldnt want to go on a higher dose though but that is me personally. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->