Happy Updates..

nkbapbt

Double Preemie Momma
Reaction score
TGIF! I thought since we have had such a terribly sad week with losses (Sleep tight baby Max and Mr. Foo's Dad :hugs:) we could use some happy updates! What is your baby doing this week, new things? Just fun outings? Anything?

Lakai this week has learned to climb stairs like a pro, thanks a lot Grandma! Learned to climb on and off of the couch, though still sometimes thinks its fun to try to get down head first...:wacko: His cry is sounding more and more like a "normal" baby cry! Thank goodness, which means either his working vocal cord is making up for the paralyzed one or the paralyzed one is starting to work, only another scope can tell us for sure. Which will happen in a few months! He is walking more and more with aid.

He discovered that my mom's cat Puddy is his new best friend and shows him by yanking on his long fur...ouch...but the cat takes it?!?!?!?! Nuts for a cat! Yes we clearly tell him "gentle"!

He is babbling more and making all sorts of weird and wonderful sounds!

He has a favorite book "Gossie" and will get it off the book shelf and bring it to you to read to him...so cute!

He learned how to work the dishwasher...and how to climb inside it...again thank you Grandma.

And he learned two new colours, purple and pink and can get them out of his shape sorter to show you.

He also is trying to mimic us when we whistle, which is SOOO cute...he makes the lip motions but nothing comes out! LOL

Anyone else?

aww lots of new things going on eh.

Well Matthew is crawling :happydance: (more like frogging), much stronger on his legs, can pull himself up to standing no prob now. He has a new play pen/ball pool that he loves and copying alot more.....kissing sounds, coughing, when you whistle he makes the mouth gesture. Currently trying to get him to wave. Also when we play 'clapa handies' he hold his hands and shakes them which is SOOOOOOO cute x

I think this is a lovely idea hun..
Well my two have come off Nutri-prem2 and I think I need my very own cow in the garden :rofl: lol..
They are also mastering the art of standing without holding on and laughing when they fall.

They havent got anymore teeth than the 3 that they got over xmas and January but I am hoping some more pop out soon.

They have their nursery pics coming up and I always love seeing them because photographers always find a way to take a nice pic even if a baby dont smile lol..

I could go on but I wont bore you with it all..

Just so proud of all the have accomplished! Its amazing from being that small to being that big is unimaginable xx

awww its lovely to read nice updates well done guys!!!!, nic i cant believe how clever Lakai is i always think of him as he was due the same time as archie, i think a week or so apart, hes done so well and come so far xxx

Sounds a daft thing to be happy about, but Andrew grabbed his crotch (Michael Jackson style) during nappy change for the first time this week! To me it means he's (1) grabbing things more and more, and (2) becoming aware of his own body.

Altogether now (high pitched) "Ow!"

Lol Marleysgirl. Shame you didnt have a camcorder handy that would have cheered up the whole forum for all those who were feeling down!!! Thats Brilliant. Made me giggle!!! x

My LO isnt as far on as your children but shes gone from 2 tube feeds to alternate bottle and tube feeds and they are talking about moving her out of a hot cot into a normal one :cloud9:

some recent pics xx

Attachments

• Rosalie xx.jpg
    Rosalie xx.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Rosalie x 011.JPG
    Rosalie x 011.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 1
  • Rosalie x 010.JPG
    Rosalie x 010.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 1
Alex has got her Jumperoo and today has learnt that it isnt a freaky chair - its something fun!

We discovered SMA Staydown and yup its been staying down and certainly coming out a different end :rofl:

Alex can finally lay on her tummy and hold her head up - the last little bit we needed to proove shes on target - I just need to post this so.....be warned..... PROUD MUMMY ALERT!!!!!!!!

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs165.snc3/19248_282651094317_514829317_3208533_3849518_n.jpg

Yesterday, Abby was in her jumperoo and I had my foot resting on it (she is fascinated by feet) When I took my foot off and put it on the floor, she leaned forward and keeked over the top with a "where's that gone" look on her face, it was so sweet!

I've been doing clap a hands with her, taking her hand and clapping mine with it for a couple of weeks (but only a handful of times) This morning when I was winding her, I held my hand up and said "clap-a-hand" and she started to clap my hand.

Looking forward to her next thing!

What lovely updates, our babies are progressing so well...

Emily said 'Mama' on the day I went back to work, I missed it and she was crying at the time. She hasn't said it since, boo hoo!
She also refuses to lie down on her back or tummy or sit in her bumbo. Instead she just wants to stand up, she can stand holding onto the sofa for 5 mins, she has legs of steel but her upper body strength is not great. Her Daddy has been teaching her how move her legs in a walking motion.

Thanks for sharing everyone! Our babies are doing so awesome! :hugs:

What a lovely thread!
Well the twins have recently started to roll from their tummies to their backs (they hate tummy time so they are so pleased that they can get back onto their backs!)

Ben is trying to roll from his back to his tummy but he keeps getting stuck and then screams very loudly until I rescue him!!

They have also been weaning for the last two weeks and are already on three meals a day and one bottle before bed.....my little men love their food!!!

Great to hear how well all these little ones are doing!

What a lovely thread!
Well the twins have recently started to roll from their tummies to their backs (they hate tummy time so they are so pleased that they can get back onto their backs!)

Ben is trying to roll from his back to his tummy but he keeps getting stuck and then screams very loudly until I rescue him!!

They have also been weaning for the last two weeks and are already on three meals a day and one bottle before bed.....my little men love their food!!!

Great to hear how well all these little ones are doing!

My girls werent keen either. So they were too happy when they learned to roll back lol x

Awwww What a lovely idea. I love hear how all our babies are doing - they are all doing fab!
This week Molly had a couple of days of talking!!!! She said;
Mum, Mummy, mama
Dad, Daddy, Dada (she has been saying these occasionally for a while)
and has learnt 6 new words;
Nanny
Again (gen)
Gone
Bubbles
Yes and
No.
Yesterday and today she has only been sayig Mummy. I think she's had enough of talking for a while!
Shs is getting braver with her standing. She has been pulling herself up for ages, but has just started letting go - but only for a second or two, and is starting to move round the furniture a bit.... although she seems to prefer to crawl as its much quicker!

*wonders* hmmmmm why isn't Abby rolling.....:shrug:

Im sure Abby will soon! Lakai rolled late into 3 months...like 3.5 months. I think he could have done it sooner because the second I pull him on the floor that day he was over and over and over! LOL

She will get there. Sometimes they surprise you like Lakai did.

Findlay impressed his physio when she came out to see him last week with how hard he is working doing his exercises 3-4 times a day and he's making improvements :thumbup::thumbup:

He is now awaiting a tumbleform table to go with his chair so he can actually sit and play independently and a wedge for doing some extra neck, chest and back exercises both within the next few weeks, a work chair for him at some point and when he's big enough a standing frame to help with his leg and foot exercises (although apparently it may be quite a long time before he's tall enough for one!!) Don't think he's going to be too keen on the standing frame when he gets it as a lot of children hate being strapped into them aparently.

Oooo and he's got 2 teeth just poking through at the bottom now (both came through at once lol) :D

He's also put on more weight (he's constantly putting it on now which is fab although it's still a lot less than he should be) and at 9.5 months is now 10lb 6.5oz! :happydance::happydance:

Here he is!

Attachments

• Findlay.JPG
    Findlay.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe