Hard to be excited.

Dk1234

Mom to Coen
Reaction score
So everytime I get excited about having a baby soon I smack myself with the reality that ill have two babies under 14 months. It so much easier to be excited and wish away the time when it's your first and you are naive about what's to come. Anyone else get excited and then in the same breath think oh no, it's too soon?

I had it on my second. There was 18m between mine. I was upset that another baby was going to take away from my time with my precious first born. I worried about everything, mainly life was so great with my oldest little woman and i loved her so much that i could not get my head around loving another as much as her and my oldest losing out if more of my time was taken up with a baby. I have to say the small gap has worked out great. It wasn;t that much extra work as they had the same nap times and same routine. there were no school runs there was no rushing around.

Yes. With two 23 months apart and being pg---I know it will be nonstop screaming wind issues up all night. Happy of course but yikes. You'll have two infants too! You'll do fine :)

Totally normal! I remember taking the kids to tesco in the new double buggy 4 days after Toby was born and looking down thinking "oh my god i have 2 kids. TWO" but youll adjust surprisingly easily :] il have 3 under 2 1/2! Xxx

Totally normal! I remember taking the kids to tesco in the new double buggy 4 days after Toby was born and looking down thinking "oh my god i have 2 kids. TWO" but youll adjust surprisingly easily :] il have 3 under 2 1/2! Xxx

Wow!

yes, it makes me want to cry. I wanted the small age gap, but the closer it gets the more I think I'm not ready! I feel like I'm taking away from my DD's time with a new baby, and I'm dreading spending the few nights away from her in the hospital. I'm not ready for the sleepless nights again, especially dealing with an active 17month old (which is what she'll be with DS gets here) It's all a bit overwhelming, and I feel I could use a few more months of pregnancy!

I completely understand. DD will be 16 months when DS arrives, and while I'm so ready for pregnancy to be over and to feel comfortable again, I am seriously dreading he newborn days with the sleepless nights and constant feeding, and meanwhile DD will be too young to understand why I can't give her all the attention she wants. Not to mention that fact that she's still not walking, and I have to worry about carrying two babies everywhere. :dohh:

I completely understand. DD will be 16 months when DS arrives, and while I'm so ready for pregnancy to be over and to feel comfortable again, I am seriously dreading he newborn days with the sleepless nights and constant feeding, and meanwhile DD will be too young to understand why I can't give her all the attention she wants. Not to mention that fact that she's still not walking, and I have to worry about carrying two babies everywhere. :dohh:

Mine isn't walking yet either and he weighs 28 pounds. He has 2 months to step it up!!!!!

yes, it makes me want to cry. I wanted the small age gap, but the closer it gets the more I think I'm not ready! I feel like I'm taking away from my DD's time with a new baby, and I'm dreading spending the few nights away from her in the hospital. I'm not ready for the sleepless nights again, especially dealing with an active 17month old (which is what she'll be with DS gets here) It's all a bit overwhelming, and I feel I could use a few more months of pregnancy!

I haven't spent a night away from Coen yet. I'm pretty nervous about it. I'm gonna do a trial run so that hopefully hell be ok when I'm in the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->