hardly sleeping in day???..

T

tinytoes

Ted is 8 weeks old now and his daytime sleep patterns are very odd - one day he'll sleep all day and other days - like today - he had one nap of an hour and then hasnt slept for longer than 10 minutes in a go...he's exhausted - he cries and seems to fight going to sleep....
The rims of his eyes are red as if he's knackered.
If I lay him dopwn alone he gets aggitated and waves his arms and legs frantically and eventually gets himself in a state.
If he falls asleep on me and whether i hold bim or put him down he wakes up after 10 minutes.

Could he be ill???
I dont understand.

Every night he sleeps about 5 hours then wakes, feeds and sleeps again for 2 hours, so night times are ok. Its just daytimes which are hard!!....

any ideas on what is going on??? he's not a happy baby..

joshua is the same hun.

he sleeps about 5 hours in the night before he needs a feed.
in the day he feeds every 3 hours and wont sleep unless he is held.

today ive had my support/v cushon on the sofa and pulled it together and when he falls asleep on me i lay him down in the cushon so he feels like hes being held and he has slept better today.

i wouldnt think hes ill but im not a doctor.
as for him being a happy baby,i think he just wants his mummy.

as cute as that is :cloud9: I just wish he'd sleep...he's so tired!! Even when I hold him he wakes up after 10 minutes...it's not usually a noise that wakes him, just something in him goes "bing! time to open eyes wide!.."
I read on some website or other he should be getting 16 hours of sleep in 24 hours..he managed about 9 in the last 24....
Can't wait for bedtime - hopefully he'll really sleep then!!..

as cute as that is :cloud9: I just wish he'd sleep...he's so tired!! Even when I hold him he wakes up after 10 minutes...it's not usually a noise that wakes him, just something in him goes "bing! time to open eyes wide!.."
I read on some website or other he should be getting 16 hours of sleep in 24 hours..he managed about 9 in the last 24....
Can't wait for bedtime - hopefully he'll really sleep then!!..

yea joshua wake himself up,he jumps and that wakes him (no noise just him) and he must dream aswell coz he crys like he is scred then he just stops.

is the 16 hours of sleep in 24 hours for his age?
i havnt counted how much joshua has slept.

My LO went through a phase just like this at around the age your LO is but will now sleep for 2-3 hours straight in the afternoon as well as a half hour power nap in the morning and late afternoon.

You should find it gets better in a week or two :hugs:

my Lo was like this so i started a routine and it sorted him out as he knew what was coming next, have u tried swaddling his arm in so he cant get himself in such a state?

this is my baby too!
Kia - what is your day time roiutine and how old is your baby?

hey my baby is now 2 but we had a very sicsessful routine and it made for easy weaning and as he got older he just started dropping feeds and the morning nap etc anyway this was our day

7.00am up and feed
10.00am feed and put down to nap
11.30am woken up
1pm feed (once weaning food)
2pm put down for nap
3.30pm woken up
4pm feed (once weaning tea)
6.30pm bath and winding down
6.45pm feed and cuddle
7.00pm put down for bed

from starting this at 9 weeks by 11 weeks he was sleeping through till 5am having 2oz of milk then sleeping till 7am but after 2 weeks stopped aking for the 5am feed

my Lo was like this so i started a routine and it sorted him out as he knew what was coming next, have u tried swaddling his arm in so he cant get himself in such a state?

right now he'^s swaddled and napping! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I did used to swaddle him in the night but for some reason I didnt in the day. Seems too hot. But he's doing marvelously. He's been napping for 45 minutes, i'm delighted!!!

I'm definately going to start a routine. Definately.

thanks guys :))))

Kaida is going through the exact same thing. Red eyes, too...I'm exhausted.

my baby does this same, i wont sleep unless im in your arms.
im going to have to start getting him out of it at 3 months but for now i just put him in the sling.

Kaida is going through the exact same thing. Red eyes, too...I'm exhausted.
me too - it's what I find hardest about being a mummy - the frustration when you just can't seem to do anything for them. One day they'll learn mummy knows best!:happydance:

Ted has started to like being stroked on the cheek so I finally got him to sleep without being on me by holding my hadn on his cheek for 25 minutes as he got to sleep. Hope it'll work next time too but who knows, he seems to change teh rules of this game daily. cheeky mite.

my baby does this same, i wont sleep unless im in your arms.
im going to have to start getting him out of it at 3 months but for now i just put him in the sling.

but how do you get baby out without waking up? Ted is awake the minute i try and lay him down afetr being in the sling..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->