Harmony 2 WW

Quick update on my situation - got a letter from the NHS today regarding the combined screening results I had last week, wanting to discuss these (and further screening options) in an appointment later this week.

Very glad I have the Harmony results because this is some scary stuff.

Did you have the integrated screening where they do an US and check the NT fold?

I have a question. I guess it kind of depends on how I get my results. They said they would call but I could see it on my "My Chart" first, which is like my online medical records. Anyway, I'm anxious to get the results but wonder if I should wait and look at the results when my husband can be there too. I really won't have a choice if they call me but if I have to return the call or look online, should I wait? What did you gals do?

I was told that I would get a call, good or bad news. I would rather my husband be there too but I won't have that option unless they call at a time when were together. I am going to ask that they keep the sex secret and put it in an envelope and I'll pick it up at my 12 week appt. on 5/5 so we can find out that together. It also might be confusing to read the results, just guessing, so you might want to wait to talk to someone since it might freak you out.

I was told my telephone call which was pretty nerve wracking because I was on my own and if it were bad news I think I would have preferred someone to be with me. Results were later confirmed by email.

Empire can I ask how you feel now you have been given the results by the NHS? Are you still happy with the harmony result? I know this sounds a bit of a stupid question and I know harmony is still very accurate. I was told I had a 1-130 chance of downs from a private scan hence why I went for harmony. I am still awaiting my result from NHS (they couldn't get NT measurement on a scan so relying on bloods only) and expect them to come back to me soon with a high risk result, but does it satisfy you that Harmony has 'over-ruled' the NHS result?

Everything is just a "screening" test but I think the Harmony test would trump the office screenings. Especially the NT fold results b/c they can be very misleading and are often wrong. Blood too, the Harmony blood test is much more accurate.

I will tell you that I've been freaking myself out. I went online to search out the Harmony test and it pop up something about false positives and then it was a short forum about a girl who got a positive result and was hoping it was a false positive. She ended up having an amnio but it also confirmed the baby had DS and she was about 21 weeks along. In the end I think she terminated the pregnancy :cry: Then all these other women were saying they got positive Harmony results. Holy hell that really got me worried.

This pregnancy is totally the opposite as when I was pregnant with my DD. On one hand it think it is b/c it may be a boy but on the other hand I think it's b/c something is wrong and the baby does have DS. :cry: I keep imaging the Dr. calling and saying she has bad news.

Google can be our worst enemies sometimes can't it, but I still insist on looking up everything!! I'm really keeping my fingers crossed you get your results this week, the wait is so hard. Funny you say your pregnancy is different, I feel that about this one too, last time round I had a boy and this time it is a girl, it could well just be that hun.

I got the call whilst at work, my heart was in my mouth. I actually said to the lady sorry but I can't talk to you I am about to start crying I need to hang up. As I took the phone away I could hear her say it's ok, it was one of the most stressful moments. I have everything crossed you get the good news we are all hoping for.

Thanks Willow. I want to know now...but I don't. Terrible love/hate feeling I got going on right now. :wacko:

Empire can I ask how you feel now you have been given the results by the NHS? Are you still happy with the harmony result? I know this sounds a bit of a stupid question and I know harmony is still very accurate. I was told I had a 1-130 chance of downs from a private scan hence why I went for harmony. I am still awaiting my result from NHS (they couldn't get NT measurement on a scan so relying on bloods only) and expect them to come back to me soon with a high risk result, but does it satisfy you that Harmony has 'over-ruled' the NHS result?

I called the Fetal Medicine Unit to discuss the results - the "high risk" score I got was entirely based on age:wacko:, and they call everyone with score >1:250 as it turns out (my NT and bloods were fine). So my NHS risk was 1/104 - to me that means my risk of mc from further invasive testing would be higher than the risk of T21 in the baby. The NHS tests are a bit of blunt instrument, scientifically.

I'm totally comfortable with the Harmony results, it's a very reputable test (I spent HOURS combing the internet researching my options):thumbup:

In fact, had the midwife explained to me beforehand that the NHS tests were only for Downs I'd have declined them, I had thought it was an overall health check on the baby. (She seemed to talk mostly about breast feeding and I was only 10 weeks pregnant at that time :wacko:)

Having both probably "muddied the water" :wacko:

Congratulations on the good Harmony results ladies :flower:

Can I ask how old you are Empire? I'm sure you're glad to have the Harmony test results to give you peace of mind.

When I was 36 and had the US & NT fold test w/my daughter they didn't give me any ratios at the time but when I had another appt. my Dr. mentioned something that I had a 1:600'ish chance but with with my blood test results they said everything looked good. I still thought that was high and a ratio in the thousands was better. She did have a soft marker during the US that shows a Choroid Plexus Cyst so I had a 28 week US and it was gone. So much to worry about!

It's almost 2 pm here and I still have not heard anything. Day 10 today!!

PurpleIvy was 42 when I got my BFP and 43 at EDD - so I'm definitely on the mature side :haha:

Harmony was <1:10,000 I like that a whole lot better - hope your results come today!

PurpleIvy I am thinking of you the results must be coming through in the next day or two now surely. Fingers crossedx

Hi ladies- Nope I'm still waiting! I called the office this morning b/c my mind of course was running wild over the weekend but they didn't have them. The nurse said that it takes 10 business days from when they receive it so going by that, today is day 9. I told her the Dr. said that I should have then well before my next appointment, which is tomorrow, but she kept saying 10 days... blah blah blah. This is so annoying but hopefully I'll know tomorrow at the latest. She said to wait until Wed-Thurs....say what!? :growlmad:

So about 30 mins after the 1st nurse called me a 2nd one called to tell me that my results were negative!! Everything is good and that I'm having another baby girl! :cloud9::cloud9: I am so relived! I've very excited for Megan to have a sister since I never had one and think the bond is very special. I would have loved a boy too of course but we already have everything for a girl so that helps out cost wise.

Is anyone else waiting? Empire & Willow, when are you due?

Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for you, the feeling is overwhelming isn't it, you must still be on cloud nine :) What a wait but it is over now. And it's a girl how lovely!

I am due 16th October, we saved all our boy stuff incase another boy came along but since it's a girl this time will need to go shopping (any excuse lol!)

Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for you, the feeling is overwhelming isn't it, you must still be on cloud nine :) What a wait but it is over now. And it's a girl how lovely!

I am due 16th October, we saved all our boy stuff incase another boy came along but since it's a girl this time will need to go shopping (any excuse lol!)

Thanks! Yes, I have a smile from ear to ear. I have all of Megan's things and was prepared to give them to my girlfriend who is having a girl in June. She has 2 boys and now doesn't need her boy things and she was going to give me her things but now she's just getting my newborn girl clothes. We'll have to shop too, terrible isn't it. :happydance:

Congratulations PurpleIvy that is fab news :thumbup::happydance: now you can start to enjoy your pregnancy.

I bought my first maternity item yesterday (having pulled on a pair of my normal jeans and for the first time they can barely zip on Saturday!):haha:

My EDD is 24th October.

Thanks!

Wow, we're all pretty close. Your a week after Willow and I'm 3 weeks after you, so were all within about a month of each other. 10/24 was my Gram's B-day, I've always like that date. :flower:

Now that's out of the way we've just have to wait 6-7 more months. Seems like it will take forever but summers go by way to fast so it'll be here before you know it.

I have a bloat bump unfortunately so it looks like I'm pregnant but the top should not be sticking out further than the bottom. :haha: I can wear my jeans of I don't button the top and have my belt on one of the last holes. I want a proper bump so I can wear all my maternity tops and bottoms.

Have you guys thought of names yet?

Congratulations PurpleIvy!! Such great news!

I got my results today too and everything came back low risk!! Super happy. We also found out we are having a boy!! Our first little one.

Lol I also have bloat bump but top is bigger than bottom bump, need it all to fill out!! Been going through the lists, Calaigh is favourite so far :) Started on clearing out the spare room today, makes it seem more real!

Thanks ladies. Congrats to you lilsoybean!! I haven't told work co-workers yet so it sometimes doesn't seem real, odd I know. I won't be able to hide it much longer bloat or not.

How do you pronounce that Willow?

I had a girl name picked out (Isabel after my grandmother) but boy names are more of a challenge.

Mine is definitely morphing into a bump, it's not squishy like bloat, it's hard :haha:

Haven't announced at work yet, my boss is still on holidays til next week, so I'll announce on his return (at 16 weeks or so).

So far we've told a handful of close friends/family (10 in total) my mum and brother and SO's brother have told way more people than we have:wacko:

I had a girl name picked out (Isabel after my grandmother) but boy names are more of a challenge.

Mine is definitely morphing into a bump, it's not squishy like bloat, it's hard :haha:

Haven't announced at work yet, my boss is still on holidays til next week, so I'll announce on his return (at 16 weeks or so).

So far we've told a handful of close friends/family (10 in total) my mum and brother and SO's brother have told way more people than we have:wacko:

I want my bump to get hard b/c the squishy is not pleasant. I don't know what to wear b/c the maternity tops I have a fitted and I don't feel right showing a bump that isn't baby...does that make sense? I won't have much of a choice soon b/c it's getting hard to hide. I thought the bloat would have gone down by now. My lower belly is still a bit soft. :wacko:

My boss and a few co-workers know. We all our family know once I found out yesterday that she's a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->