Harmony Test and US to detect gender at 13 weeks??

ChaiTea

Reaction score
Two part question:

I'm having blood drawn on Thursday (12 weeks, 5 days) for the Harmony test. Has anyone had this test? I've read mixed results online about the gender part of the test, where it uses DNA to determine the gender of the baby. I'm very skeptical as to how accurate it is. I only know one person IRL who has had it and it was correct for her.

Also, I've had friends tell me when they went in for US at 13 weeks and were told the gender and that it was accurate, though they were told it might not be 100%. Really? Is that possible? Anyone have experience with that?

We don't care what the gender is this time around, but I'm not really wanting to hear results one way or another unless they are 100%, or at least really close. Even though I clearly saw that my first was a boy every time, I was only 99% sure it was correct until he came out and I saw in person. ;)

Thanks!

I had an US and bloods drawn last week for the harmony test when I was 12 weeks 5 days. I asked my dr to make sure she didn't tick the box for gender as I didn't want to know. She said no problem but she already knew 100% the gender from the US! A part of me was tempted then but I resisted

We did the serenity test which is similar. Again we chose not to find out the gender but the leaflets said its over 99% accurate. As they are actually checking chromosomes in babies DNA it will be much more accurate than an ultrasound.

My friend is a doctor & out of the approx 300 babies she's delivered, 3 were a different gender to what the ultrasound showed. Only way to be 100% sure is to wait until they're born!

I've gone to ultrasounds with friends at 13/14 weeks that were given accurate gender guesses. Just depends on how good the tech is that/if they'll look that early

I did progenity blood test at around 13 weeks and it's 100% accurate since it's DNA.

Ultrasound confirmed at 19 weeks.

The harmony test was correct for us at 13 weeks. It basically cant be wrong if its a boy because if they detect male dna its not from the mum, unless it is or was twins(and one doesnt make it). In theory female dna could be from the mum and they could have missed the male dna so there is a slightly higher chance of it being wrong but it is still unusual

With the blood test, they are testing the fetal DNA so it's very accurate. I was told by the genetic counselor that it's 99% accurate for gender, although she's never known anyone who was told one gender and then it be the other. (this was the MaterniT21 test, similar to all the others) I would trust that more than the ultrasound at that point.

I had this done in my last pregnancy and I did want to know and they was right a Girl... x

We had a panorama test this pregnancy and opted to find out the gender, were having a little girl :happydance: but will confirm at our next ultrasound :haha:

Where do you go to get these tests done? Iv never heard of this before xxxxx

I'm having this test done at 13 weeks also, but by a different company. The test checks chromosomes of the baby, so I assume it would be highly accurate.

I have had the MaterniT 21 done and the Panorama both for different pregnancies and they were correct for gender

Harmony was right for us. It said boy, I'm having a boy, had several ultrasounds already and there is still a penis :) it was right in my case. We could tell boy at12.5 weeks kinda, for sure by 14w. But we didn't do harmony for gender necessarily. We did it due to abnormal screening results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->