Harmony testing.

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
Is anyone considering the harmony testing to find out the gender early?

I really really want to know as soon as possible but wondering if I should just have more patience LOL

I've considered it. Not even sure my hospital even offers it though.

Not sure if any NHS hospitals offer it, I think its just private clinics that do it. Babybond do it I believe but its pricey!. If I waited a few more weeks I could know from a scan for a fraction of the cost!

That's kinda where I'm at. I can get a private scan at 16 weeks for way less. My dh wants to just wait.

I had it done as insurance covered it as I'm over 35. You also find out if there's any chromosomal issues so for me it was worth it.

If you want to know early (i couldn't wait myself!) and you're not concerned about chromosomal issues I'd suggest looking into sneakpeek. It's an at home blood test that can get you results in 3 or 7 days depending on what you want to pay. I'm just not sure if it's a states only thing or not.

If you want to know early (i couldn't wait myself!) and you're not concerned about chromosomal issues I'd suggest looking into sneakpeek. It's an at home blood test that can get you results in 3 or 7 days depending on what you want to pay. I'm just not sure if it's a states only thing or not.

Thanks! This is exactly what I want. And I can do it 7 weeks sooner and it's only a little more expensive than the ultrasound .

Thanks! This is exactly what I want. And I can do it 7 weeks sooner and it's only a little more expensive than the ultrasound .

No problem! I tried the harmony test first and they couldn't run it for some reason so this test really was my sanity saver. If you use the code 12foryou you'll get $12 off too. I think they're also still doing a contest for a free giveaway of one.

I'm going for my harmony test on Tuesday 👍🏻

I was going to. Had a gyn who does 50% for cash payment, so it would be just under $400 instead of $800. It was offered at a similar price by request through Jaiser (they only do it standard for AMA), but then I wouldn't be allowed to get the California screening (bloodwork first and second tri and the nt scan). But my mom and gyn got on my case and started listing all the things I could buy for $400. Then, my mom said if I could toss out $400 then she wasn't buying the crib and since my having $400 laying around was because she was buying the crib... lol

What I ended up doing was paying $70 for a private 4D gender scan at 16w3. Which, when you think about it, you have to be 10 weeks to do the harmony and results take a week at least. So really if you think of it like that it's just a month longer and saves a lot more money.

So hindsight, I'm so glad I listened to my mom and gyn and put that money towards spoiling my son. I did old wives tales in the meanwhile, posted in the gender prediction, ask the nt tech what she thought, and did gender experts in the meanwhile :)

You can have it in U.K. but only at private clinics. Around £400. If it's just to find out Sex you may as well wait a few weeks and get an early gender scan privately but if it's for abnormalities then it's worth doing.

As above we found the £400 + price tag just too expensive, we didn't go for a private scan in the end either though as we never found the time.

Its a shame we don't have the sneakpeek here in the UK!! at $79 that's brilliant!!. I've seen it for 399 on the babybond website and I know that's so so much money!. I think i'm going to wait!.

I'd only be doing it for the gender as I don't even do the NHS downs screenings.

Its so hard to wait knowing there is something that can tell me earlier though LOL. Its too much money I know! BLAHH

Its a shame we don't have the sneakpeek here in the UK!! at $79 that's brilliant!!. I've seen it for 399 on the babybond website and I know that's so so much money!. I think i'm going to wait!.

There's something called Nimble Diagnostics, have a look at that! Think it's about £180. I'm in the school of preferring to wait a few extra weeks and get a scan instead if I do decide to find out the gender, but there are blood tests available online here too if you want to know!

I think, I'm just going to wait LOL our local private scan clinic does a great 4D scan at 16 weeks that I had with all 4 of my boys previously, its only £55 with prints and a disk!. <3

That's an amazing price! Don't know where in the uk you are but reckon they're all expensive here in London. There's a "just gender" scan baby bond so that's £39 but it's 18+ weeks only and there's no 3D/4D. I'm trying to convince myself to go team yellow anyway!

That's with Window to the womb, they have a few clinics around London I believe, I'm in Nottingham but think their prices are the same nationwide too.

Here is a list of all of their clinics
https://windowtothewomb.co.uk/studios/

Hope you have one near you!. x

I got the Harmony test done with my first baby and plan to do it with my second. I don't have to pay anything out of pocket and I think the lab part is like 300 bucks. I'm from the US so i dunno how it differs from the UK though.

I think I will be paying for Harmony as I am 35+, but I will be asking them to keep the gender a secret from us as we want it to be a surprise! I will only be doing it to know about any potential problems. I can just imagine lots of you thinking 'oh noo what a waste!' haha. My friend did the same (she's over 35 too) and they requested gender details not be revealed to them.

Those ladies that had the harmony test done, did you do it in addition to (before or after) the NT scan/risk result?

I would like the harmony test or equivalent done (for potential genetic problems but knowing the sex would be a bonus too) but DH thinks the NT result would be sufficient.

I read that although still a screen it is more accurate. I'm 35 and 12 week scan this week...I guess I might as well see what that result is before I book a harmony....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->