Harry Potter World London

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
Has anyone been? Would you recommend it? Is there much to do, or is it just looking at the sets, props and costumes?
Looking at it for a group of 7-12 year olds

Do you mean the studio tour? If so I've been. We really enjoyed it but yes it is sets, costumes, props etc with plenty of information about it all. Interesting for fans. You can be filmed/photographed riding a broomstick but it's quite pricey.
I think the older children would be ok if they are fans but I'd be concerned the little ones would be bored.

I've been and I'm going again in Nov for my brothers 11th bday (it's a surprise!)

I think it was fab! But not really for younger kids/people who aren't that interested in HP. The gift shop is amazing! I wanted to buy everything! X

Thanks ladies :). Think I'm going to avoid it as I'm guessing not all of the kids will be HP fans and it sounds as if there won't be a lot for them and then their parents will shout at me :haha:.
Bummed because I totally want to go :haha:

It's AWESOME!! (but then, I am a bit of a Potter Fangirl!)
I wise idea not to take too many kids. My husband enjoyed it, but he didn't really 'get' a lot of it.

A friend of mine made it their family outing, but their eldest (aged 4) ran riot because he found it boring/scary/busy, so she didn't actually see half the stuff there.

Forget the kids, I'm sending them up the Shard, let's have a BnB Harry Potter tour meet :haha:

We went not long after it opened (I had my tickets booked in advance - just couldn't wait :happydance: :happydance:)

It was amazing - expensive, but AMAZING!!! I didn't know where to look it was all so awesome. I took so many photos :blush: I would say though, like others have mentioned, that I don't think it's a child orientated environment despite it being Harry Potter. It is more like a museum than anything and although I'm sure older, mature HP mad children would enjoy it, I do think littlies could get bored easily.

I want to go back too!!!!

I'm a massive fan, and just happen to live next door! I see the purple nightbus on my way to work every day!

I went on Wednesday and it was the most amazing thing EVER. I would go again, right this second!!! There were 7/8 year olds there who were clearly fans as they knew the names of all the characters and were having an amazing time xx

I'm going in November when LO is at FOBs - so excited but def didn't think it looked kiddy friendly :)

I went for my 30th birthday in September (minus the kids) and i thought it was amazing but then I'm a HUGE Potter fan, DH came with me and even though he isn't really in to all that he still enjoyed it. Personally though you to really appreciate it you have to be a Harry Potter Fanatic x

Wouldn't take a child under ten if i'm honest. For starters the likelihood is they have no idea who/what Harry potter is as they won't have read the books or grown up around the hubbub of it. Secondly it really isn't a children's attraction. I went a few weeks ago and granted it was the middle of term but there weren't that many younger children about that had been dragged along because their parents wanted to go.

I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend it though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->