Harsh comments on name

EmilyL

Reaction score
My baby will be half Chinese half Caucasian and if I have a girl I have decided on Oleanna Josephine for her name. I think it is a pretty name but some people have had some not so nice comments, what do you think?

its different, but not bad

everyone has an opinion and thinks there right,but its your decision not there's so just try to ignore them

Well my name is Josephine and I like Oleanna so sounds lovely to me :D. Weve named our daughter Reimi (Japanese name, we went to tokyo prior to DD) even though were both British. It means alot to us and the people who did question it now love it, follow your heart ;)

Xx

I think it is very pretty....who care what negative things people have to say..as long as you like it.

Not everyone is going to like every name. While other may think my name Dorothy is beautiful and grows with age, others think it's too different or too classic or just isn't their type of name. If I'm carrying a boy, his name will be Enzo Jose. I actually didn't like it at first, but I see myself calling our LO that. Not everyone likes it, but we do.

Everyone has their own taste, so if you're in love with that name- go for it. If you can actually picture yourself saying it to call your daughter, or saying her name when she gets mad haha, it's probably meant to be. :) Besides, her name is cute. I haven't heard of anyone with that first name before.

My baby will be half Chinese half Caucasian and if I have a girl I have decided on Oleanna Josephine for her name. I think it is a pretty name but some people have had some not so nice comments, what do you think?

Love it! Unique but not too out-there! I think its lovely! i'm Kate and no matter where I am there are always 376372553 other Kates or Katys! Would have been nice to be a bit different :) if you like your name go with it!! Can't please everyone and that's ok :winkwink:

it flows off the tongue really nicely! great pick!

Now I am picky with baby names, not a nit picker name killer but that first name I never heard of before and I really like it. I wont name steal but thats a really nice name, nice combo to goes well. I cant think why any one would pick on that name? its new to me but not odd.

i think its a beautiful name! and to me it does not matter who likes the name! what matters is that you and your baby's father like it! with a personal matter like choosing your baby's name people should keep their negative opinions to themselves! :)

I'm considering the name Oleanna too!!! I've always loved the refrain from the folk song. I just struggle with the fact that it's associated with Mamet's play about sexual harassment and a song written to mock false promises of a Utopian settlement.
I'm also torn because I grew up with a name that I constantly have to tell people how to pronounce and I'm not sure I would want my daughter to have to do that too. I know that most folks would pronounce it like the Pete Seeger "O-lee-anna" rather than "O-lay-ahnah". Pronounced the second way I think it sounds lovely.
I like your middle name choice too!

I really like it. Even my DH who is very fussy when it comes to names, said he thinks its a really nice name. Those people who have been saying nasty things have no idea what they're on about. It's a seriously cute name and I think you should just ignore those people because its a great name!

-AussieBub

Its really pretty. The only slight reservation I might have about it, is that there is a lot of sylables to it. But it IS really pretty and if you like it, go for it!

Very beautiful names - do you have a short last name? Lots of syllables is okay if you don't have a long last name (like mine!!!)

Its beautiful and flows well. My los first name is josephine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->