Has anybody got any experiences of slimfast?

kit603

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
My friend recommended the slimfast diet to me and when I asked my dietician about it she said it could be worth a try. I've decided to give it a go because the tubs of powder (12 meals) have been on offer at Tesco for £3.00 each which means its only 25p a meal and the snack bars were on offer at 4 for £1 somewhere else so that means I'm only going to be paying £1.25 a day to try this diet plus the cost of a 600 calorie evening meal (which i'd be buying anyway) and it seems a lot cheaper than some alternatives like lighter life and the cambridge diet.

It's day one today and i've not struggled with hunger cravings and I really quite like the bars i've bought, but I really don't like the shakes - vanilla :blush: and i'm not too sure i'll be able to stick it out if I don't like any of the other flavours either.

My friend has a similar BMI and eating pattern to myself and she started the slimfast diet in November and has lost 21lbs so far, so i'm hoping that this could be the diet for me (if I can get over the vanilla shake :dohh:).

Does anybody have any positive or negative experiences with the slimfast diet?

I tried the Slimfast diet and I couldn't deal with the powder shakes either. So I ended up buying the ready made smoothies. I have a cooked meal for lunch and then a meal bar at night.. easier for me, as I work the late shift. I also try filling up with water (between 1-2 litres a day) and give it twenty mins before deciding that I need a 'snack. I couldn't stick with it... but hubby has, and so far he's lost 4st in 4 months! He doesn't have any probs with it. As for me... I ended up doing Lighter Life and lost 4st 12lbs in 5 months... but I'm now back on the SLimfast to lose 7lbs that I put on over Christmas :p Good luck!

I am currently incorporating Slim Fast with WW. (Boots have tins for £2.99!) I has worked for me in the past for a short term fix but I've never done it longer than 2 weeks. I plan on doing Slim Fast on the days I am at work as I am busy so less likely to be pre-occupied with dirty thoughts of food lol!!!

I'm currently doing part slimfast, part low cal.
I alternate between having slimfast for breakfast and lunch each day, and have cereal and soup as the alternative (same amount of calories).
I do actually like the shakes (although not the cafe latte, I'm having to use 1/2 vanilla, 1/2 latte to use it up!!!!) and always use really cold milk and use a blender to give it some extra volume :)
I'm not finding it that difficult, and its been almost 2 weeks. I'm hoping to do this for 3 months, thats why I'm not having slimfast for 2 meals a day as I think that would be a little too much for long term!
Apart from that I stick to their system (3 snacks and a 600 cal meal).
I'll keep you posted on results!

i am doing slimfast and tbh for me it has to be the ready made - i just stock up when they are on offer !! (and chocolate all teh way lol )

I used to just have for breakfast as a start to day as i have never really had breakfast and that worked really well !!

Thanks for your replies everybody :) From what I can tell on their website I should be having 3 snacks (either fruit or their bar things), 2 shakes/smoothies/soups and a 600 calorie meal and i'm not sure i'll be able to stick to that so i'm quite tempted to do the following:

- Small bowl of Special K for breakfast

- Piece of fruit if I want a snack

- Shake/smoothie for lunch

- Bar if I want a snack

- Evening meal

I don't usually eat during the day anyway... i'll often have a slice of toast for breakfast and then not eat again till I have an evening meal with my OH and my dietician says that could be part of the problem so I should have little healthy snacks through the day.

Anyone think that'll work??? Lol.

I had the powder shakes, but the ready made ones and the smoothies are ok x

I think I might give the smoothies and soups a try :) Where can I buy them in the UK???

I tried Tesco but they didn't seem to have anything except the ready made shakes, powder shakes and snack bars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->