Has anybody heard of...

MummaMoo

Mum to my gorgeous girl!
Reaction score
A baby that stopped growing at 6 weeks having a post mortem?
Been told that this happened with my mums friends daughter, who started bleeding at 11 weeks, had a scan at 12 weeks to be told that the baby was the size of a 6 week old and that there was no heartbeat. She also had to "deliver" the baby and that it had to have a post mortem.
Just sounds a bit OTT to me, but wondered if I'm being unreasonable by being sceptical ?

Maybe it was misworded? I had a few of my babies once Id passed them sent for testing. It was horrible but it was to try and find a reason for the losses. It's unnusual to have testing done after one loss but not unheard of. Certainly wouldn't be an autopsy as such though as baby would be too small. By deliver im assuming they meant take pills to induce a miscarrige as it was a mmc. I'm guessing it's all just been poorly worded but doesn't nessecerily mean it's untrue.

Yeah see that's what I was thinking, re "delivering" as in having the drugs to pass the baby.

They'll usually only do testing after 3 co sequitur losses. I had a battle even getting a postmortem for Eden and Id previously lost Alfie at 18 weeks.

I'm also not sure that much would even be seen at 6 weeks. I had a mc at 5 weeks and it was just blood, nothing that I could make out even a sac, so not sure how they'd find the baby to test if she miscarried naturally. Perhaps with a D&C they could x

I had 2 d/c where they tested the products. Enough to check for chromosomal abnormalities and such. One mc the dr told me to collect the products if I wanted it tested. Which I did collect but decided not to have testing done. It's not really a post mortum as more of a look for genetic issues and possible reasons for miscarriage. They otherwise can't say much about baby as nothing is really formed or big enough for an autopsy.

Yeah, I'm thinking that it was just worded wrongly, I don't think at all that she would have agreed to collect what was passed to be tested. It didn't come away naturally, I know that she either had to have a D/C or be chemically induced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->