~ Has anyone avoided PET 2nd time around? ~

you&me

~* Mummy to 3 Littlies*~
Reaction score
Hi,

I went to the maternity unit christmas eve 2005 with nothing more than an instinct that something 'wasn't right'...christmas morning at 10am they delivered my little girl at 29 weeks by emergency c-section due to me having severe pre-eclampsia toxemia, I was lucky to have had 2 injections to mature her lungs, she spent 7 weeks in SCBU, and came home on Valentine's Day, she is now a healthy 4 year old with no on-going health issues.

I am pregnant again, just over 8 weeks, and am terrified of it happening again, the doctors have said that as it is with a different partner there is a higher risk, they have booked me in at the hospital, and there is a high chance I will be on aspirin from 12 weeks and scanned more regularly.

I am preparing in my mind, that although I really really would love a natural delivery, after one c-section, chances are I will end up having another one.

Has anyone managed to avoid PET second time around, or at least had it less severe?

hi i had pet first time and spend most of preg in hospital and my son was delivered by emergency sec at 33weeks and spent 2 months in scbu due to lungs mot matured...i then had my daughter 3year ago with dif partner and never developed it and she was delivered by elective sec at 38weeks due to her size and my diabetes..i am now on the 3rd and my blood pressure is the lowest it has ever been..so theres great hope for you this time hun..
emma

Hiya Bailey...that is great news you never got it in subsequent pregnancies, I am keeping my fingers crossed, but my mind open to the possibility it may happen again...when I booked in with my doctor on my BFP we discussed it...she says if it does occur again and I can make it out to 34-36 weeks then it will be smooth sailing.

The hospital have called me in at 12 weeks, for the possibility of going on low dose aspirin, I will also be scanned regularly I believe to pick up any early onset of it...and will be given the dip test sticks to check urine at home this time, as well as more regular appointments with the midwife.

:thumbup: So in all, it is quite reassuring...I really appreciate you answering and giving me some hope to cling onto :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->