Has anyone been to antenatal classes alone?

sue_88

Reaction score
My antenatal classes start tomorrow, I wasn't going to go to any as I feel like I am educated enough on pregnancy/labour/birth etc however I don't have any friends round here so I am trying to do lots of things pregnancy/mummy related just to try and meet some new people - so I am booked on!

But because I don't have a partner, I have to go alone. Midwife kept saying I could take someone with me but I don't have anyone around here to go with me :cry: I'm just really nervous I am going to stick out like a sore thumb being by myself? I'm already quite upset about how everything has turned out - and even though my girl comes first and I've never wanted anything more, I do sometimes wish I hadn't been left in this situation.

I felt the same when I went to all my scans alone :( and now having to do this too :cry: just makes me a bit upset.

My antenatal classes start tomorrow, I wasn't going to go to any as I feel like I am educated enough on pregnancy/labour/birth etc however I don't have any friends round here so I am trying to do lots of things pregnancy/mummy related just to try and meet some new people - so I am booked on!

But because I don't have a partner, I have to go alone. Midwife kept saying I could take someone with me but I don't have anyone around here to go with me :cry: I'm just really nervous I am going to stick out like a sore thumb being by myself? I'm already quite upset about how everything has turned out - and even though my girl comes first and I've never wanted anything more, I do sometimes wish I hadn't been left in this situation.

I felt the same when I went to all my scans alone :( and now having to do this too :cry: just makes me a bit upset.

I'm sorry you are having to do this alone. However I finished my classes and there was a woman in there who was by herself..we all ended up just kind of working and talking to each other anyway so it's almost as though we were more like a group. Plus the instructor seemed to like it because she had someone to work with too..good luck, I'm sure it will work out and don't worry about what people think..you're doing what's best for you and your baby!

I actually went on my own, my OH works very long hours and couldn't get time off. I think I enjoyed it more then I would of with someone got to meet a lot of friends who I'm pretty close to now :). I'm sorry you've had to go though this tho, but you all ways have us :). Xx

There was a lady on her own in our classes, as the poster mentioned above we all kind of got together. Shame you're not a bit closer to Walsall, I'd have come with you :hugs:

Thanks everyone. It's at 7pm tonight, I will update afterwards.

I see 3 midwives in my community & I know it's my favourite MW doing the class so that's putting my mind at ease, she's always been really supportive.

I think I'm going by myself to one on Friday as DH can't get out of his meetings that day. It's a long one 9-3 and it's the only chance I'll have to take a class before lo arrives... still undecided if I should go or not :shrug:

I went to 3 out of 4 classes alone (tbf, husband was useless and yawning in the one I did drag him to)
I did feel a bit alone in the class but that lasted about 2 minutes, then it was just all about trying to learn something new for the baby.
Go alone, it's quite empowering :)

Let us know how you get on. I would go on my own if it were me, my DH could never spare two hours during the day which is when mine are, strange it's not evening. Anyway, hope it went well and you had a nice time x

About half of our class was on their own, the other half had partners with them. I went on my own as they were Tuesday mornings and DH had to work. Hope you get on ok and get to meet some other new mummy friends!!!!

Well I've just got home, there were 6 couples and me.

But I absolutely loved it, everyone was sooo nice and I now can't wait for next week :happydance:

I went alone too. DH was active duty navy and deployed up until a week or so before DD1 was born

I was almost considering going on my own if they were only held on Saturday as my OH works. To be honest, I don't see the point of taking someone else for the sake of it unless they are going to be there at the birth. Are you doing the birth alone or will someone be there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->