Has anyone bought any baby things yet?

I've bought a couple of snow suits (because baby will be here in winter and they were 70% off!! :D )i bought one of those 8 piece gender neutral sets in mama's and papa's, and I Bought a pram.

The reason i bought the pram is that it was the one that i had been eyeing up for so long and it was at it's lowest ever offer so i took it! lol! it's RRP is £595.99 and i bought it for £249.99! that's less than half price! i'm not going to snuff my nose at that! lol! I'd by lying if i said i hadn't had a wee play about with it too... but i don't want to be out shopping with baby or something and be caught out with not knowing my pram inside and out! lol! the fact that i've been making my husband use a teddy as a baby to practice is just for funsies! lol!

I've bought a couple of snow suits (because baby will be here in winter and they were 70% off!! :D )i bought one of those 8 piece gender neutral sets in mama's and papa's, and I Bought a pram.

The reason i bought the pram is that it was the one that i had been eyeing up for so long and it was at it's lowest ever offer so i took it! lol! it's RRP is £595.99 and i bought it for £249.99! that's less than half price! i'm not going to snuff my nose at that! lol! I'd by lying if i said i hadn't had a wee play about with it too... but i don't want to be out shopping with baby or something and be caught out with not knowing my pram inside and out! lol! the fact that i've been making my husband use a teddy as a baby to practice is just for funsies! lol!

Wow that was a right bargin on the pram then.:)

My mum got me a microwave steriliser, two blankets and a bouncy chair in the Aldi baby event, it was too good to pass up. We just need a crib, pram and car seat now. Not buying them until at least 30 weeks as I feel I'd be tempting fate. I strangely gave away the big things but kept things like clothes, muslins and cloth nappies!

Glad its wasn't just me who couldn't resist the aldi sale lol

Wow that was a right bargin on the pram then.:)

Yeah i had set the limit at 200 for pram then get car seat etc, but this came with the carry cot, car seat and stroller seats all interchangeable and it looks ace and feels great to push (yes i've tried it out! lol!) Only down side is, it's brand spanking new so it has that new pram smell... wait... that's not a down side... but it is cos i have to wash all the covers and will lose that lovely smell :dohh: :haha:

but better safe than sorry. :)

Hey Ladies. Im almost 5 weeks. And its killing me not to buy anything esp since I work at a retail store lol. Idk how long ima hold out though. I see so many nice things. Blaahh :/ lol

We've bought a few onesies to tell our parents, cute little sayings with "grandpa's sidekick" and "life is good at grandma's" and we're beginning to stash up on cloth diapers. The rest of the shopping I want to hold off until 20 weeks so we know what colors to splurge on!

My mum got me a microwave steriliser, two blankets and a bouncy chair in the Aldi baby event, it was too good to pass up. We just need a crib, pram and car seat now. Not buying them until at least 30 weeks as I feel I'd be tempting fate. I strangely gave away the big things but kept things like clothes, muslins and cloth nappies!

Glad its wasn't just me who couldn't resist the aldi sale lol

I couldn't resist, I think my haul came in at £28!!! I love a bargain!

I don't think it hurts to buy little bits for baby whenever you feel like it. There's a LOT of baby events going on in the UK right now (Asda, Aldi, Boots etc) so I think it makes sense to take advantage of them, especially little things like bottles that aren't really gender specific! Don't let anybody tell you when the "right" time to buy is! :flower:

I'm also the same as messica - over 3 years of TTC has resulted in us buying a bulk of it over that time (picking up things in sales or on offer - I love a bargain and I challenged myself that we would do this as cost effectively as we could!). Now sitting at 18 weeks with our first, we know it's a boy, and I only really have a few little things left to get.. :haha:

I bought toddler swimwear including shorts and vest for my toddler who is 2 years old and loves to swim. I bought all this from the surf brands as they have a wide range of such clothes.

I bought toddler swimwear including shorts and vest for my toddler who is 2 years old and loves to swim. I bought all this from the surf brands as they have a wide range of such clothes.

I'm super tempted to go out and buy loads of things, I've got a list, but thought il try and stay put till I find out what we're having and save up some money too... But doesn't mean I'm not looking, I've got a wish list, we have cot buggy etc from Ds time, still need to get plenty... Xx

There's an awesome consignment shop near one of my cousins houses, I want to have a thrift store shopping spree!!:haha: But I'm trying to wait until we know the gender.

I just got last weeks a couple of onesies hehehe my partner allowed me to get something as the 10 weeks scan was totally fine :) Not really buying much more maybe once I get the 12 weeks scan done next friday I'll get something :p I'm just trying to be very patient

I haven't bought anything but my mom went crazy.....she bought a crib and all the stuff to go in it. Two packages of onesies, diapers, 3 quilts , receiving blankets , a basinet and more. She is so excited she can't stop herself. I'm not going to buy anything til 12 or more weeks. Not sure I will have to by the time my mom is done.

I told hubby I've looked at a few cribs, he went into panic mode of costs. I gave him the numbers of the ones I liked and he sighed a huge relief, I think he was far over guessing:haha: We're planning to move into a larger space either next month or July so we wont be buying anymore until then.

Although yesterday I did buy a "My aunt is the coolest" onesie to give to SIL to tell her next weekend :)

Yep well I haven't my mum has but I've made her keep then at her house! She bought me some tommee tippee bottles because they were on offer in asda & it was a bargain & a pregnancy support belt because I had spd with my last pregnancy & I lived in one so she thought she'd get 1 early incase they sold out! Lol I'm not sure who's pregnant, me or her??? I suppose it is saving me money though x

Nope not yet, but I have been looking!

Nothing till now, but last Friday, my Brother in Law and his wife gave my husband and I a baby white shoes/socks (a crochet style). It is cute :)

I plan not to shop this early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->