Has anyone conceived after a miscarriage without your first AF?

Sophiejash

Reaction score
Hello, I'm not pregnant yet but I've just lost one. We're trying again straight away without waiting for AF. I had ultrasound which showed I'd passed all the pregnancy material but now we're trying again I feel almost tender inside. A little sore/achey and fragile I guess. Did anybody feel like this when trying again straight away? Do you think I should wait until AF if it's not already too late? Thanks

I think the right time to try again totally depends on how you are feeling. I know they say you are more fertile after a mc. I had a mc in March and began trying straight away. Took until July to fall pregnant, mc days later but I then fell pregnant straight away from that.

Follow your body :hugs:

I did with my Dr ok and then sadly miscarried again :( . One full cycle went by and now om pregnant again :)

Oh I'm so sorry you miscarried again, not what I wanted to hear but thank you. Glad your pregnant again though x

i did i ov,d 1 week after i stopped bleeding i used opks and conceived my 6th baby x

Arhh wow that's encouraging to hear. I haven't been using opks as I thought I'd try to relax about it this month and if AF comes I'll use them next month. Can you remember after you stopped bleeding how long it took you to ovulate?

I think I replied to you about this on another thread right? If I'm not confused and it was your thread. So I won't repeat what I already said.
I ovulated about 2-4 days after the bleeding had stopped, but the last two days of bleeding were only brown spotting. I even had increased CM like always and my temperature was elevated. I did not use OPKs.

Arhh wow that's encouraging to hear. I haven't been using opks as I thought I'd try to relax about it this month and if AF comes I'll use them next month. Can you remember after you stopped bleeding how long it took you to ovulate?

I think I replied to you about this on another thread right? If I'm not confused and it was your thread. So I won't repeat what I already said.
I ovulated about 2-4 days after the bleeding had stopped, but the last two days of bleeding were only brown spotting. I even had increased CM like always and my temperature was elevated. I did not use OPKs.

Yes that is why I told you when, maybe you did not see it :D

No my post has posted twice for some reason. Thank you

Oh I'm so sorry you miscarried again, not what I wanted to hear but thank you. Glad your pregnant again though x

Thanks. I dont think it happening again so soon had anything to do with it not lasting i think it just wasnt meant to be at that time ams aome very unfortunate luck. But wanted to let you know it is definitely possible for it to happen

Sorry for ur loss. Most doctors advise waiting at least 2 months before TTC again. It took me a year to get pregnant after my MC. I think the body (and mind) need time to heal and process what's happened

The doctor didn't recommend that to me. They recommended one just so all the pregnancy material had gone, but they scanned me and said it had. So said its up to me.
I hope everything is ok for you this time, how far along are you? x

The doctor didn't recommend that to me. They recommended one just so all the pregnancy material had gone, but they scanned me and said it had. So said its up to me.
I hope everything is ok for you this time, how far along are you? x

Im ten weeks and have had an ultrasound and everything is perfect this time! :) im over the moon

Drs used to reccomend waiting but now as long as everything has cleared they say its ok to start trying again as soon as you emotionally feel ready .
For us we didnt want to wait. We were already trying for 2 yrs and the age gap between my oldest was just growing bigger and bigger. He will be six yrs almost apart now from the baby i didnt want to go any farther lol

I got pregnant twice right after each other without an af. After my first Mc, the second did end in a chemical but then I got pregnant again before any af and now doing well. Good luck and so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Xnmd I'm so glad everything is looking well for you this time. I understand how you feel about the age gap between the children, my first is only 18 months but we want them about two years apart, think that's a lovely age gap.
Happynewmum that's really encouraging to hear that you concieved again so soon. Do you mind if I ask a few personal questions. How long were your cycles before? Do you know roughly when you ovulated after the miscarriage? And did you and your OH crack straight on after you stopped bleeding or did you wait a week or so? Did you DTD every other night or follow a pattern or just relax and whenever? I'm so keen to know how I should try and work it. So far I miscarried on 17th Sept, stopped bleeding on 26th and been DTD every other night since 1st Oct. Praying it works for us xx

Xnmd I'm so glad everything is looking well for you this time. I understand how you feel about the age gap between the children, my first is only 18 months but we want them about two years apart, think that's a lovely age gap.
Happynewmum that's really encouraging to hear that you concieved again so soon. Do you mind if I ask a few personal questions. How long were your cycles before? Do you know roughly when you ovulated after the miscarriage? And did you and your OH crack straight on after you stopped bleeding or did you wait a week or so? Did you DTD every other night or follow a pattern or just relax and whenever? I'm so keen to know how I should try and work it. So far I miscarried on 17th Sept, stopped bleeding on 26th and been DTD every other night since 1st Oct. Praying it works for us xx

I will try to answer the questions I know. I don't mind at all :) my cycles averaged about 30 days.. Lp of 12 days mostly. The Mc messed me up a bit as i usually went by cm and cp and cramps to know when I was ovulating. After the first Mc, we started dtd day after I finished bleeding/spotting. I thought for sure i must have been ovulating super early as a few days after bleeding stopped I got all my O signs but it was just my body being weird. I ended up Oing really late for me. Like cd 25. Got the signs all over again so figured I was and we dtd a lot around that time... About 11 days later, had a bfp but a few days later started bleeding again. I ovulated normally this time.. About cd 19. We tend to dtd a lot of days in a row, take a day off and back at it. The month I got the bfp for this baby I did do a few things differently. I started on Maca root capsules, red raspberry leaf capsules (this helps heal the uterine lining) and I started on baby aspirin as soon as I got the bfp and stopped around 7-8 weeks. I don't know if these things helped baby stick or I was just having bad luck the months of losses and this particular month was better. Hard to say. I think you are doing just fine every other day! If you can tell when you are about to O, I'd do it a couple days in a row but really every other day you shouldn't miss it on timing :) hope this month is is for you!

This may sound terrible but with my DD we DTD every day following opks, my husband has a very physical job and to be honest we kinda lost all enjoyment of it because he was so exhausted. People have said that the little swimmers can live up to 72 hours and my egg can live up to 24 hours so everyother is apparently best. I've no idea. After two bleeding stopped I haven't used opks this month as trying to relax and think if it happens great and it not I'll back back to that next month. My CM I thought was different end of last week and over the weekend, I seems to have a lot of it and sure it was real sticky so feel certain I ovulated at some point then. Really hoping, I just want to be pregnant again as soon as possible, think I'll be heartbroken again if AF shows x

Xnmd I'm really happy to see you pregnant! Congratulations, your LO will be an awesome big brother for sure.

I always started trying again as soon as the bleeding stopped, I was only told that you should wait if you have a D&C as there is a lot of scraping of the lining of the uterus. I've only had natural miscarriages.

I am 7 days out from miscarriage and DH and I are at it like rabbits, TMI, sex drive is high!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->