Has anyone else had enough??

mybabydreams

One pink, one blue
Reaction score
Sorry to be on a downer but something just occurred to me! I realized that had I have fallen pregnant straight away (like the lucky few who do) I would have been almost due by now!! This thought has really depressed me, and Im not sure how much more I can take!!
Does anybody else feel this way? Im not going to stop trying, but sometimes I do feel like throwing in the towel and letting go of obsessing about it. When I conceived my DD I was really relaxed about the whole TTC thing and she ended up being a lovely surprise. Do you think I would be better off doing that, or am I just going to set things back by ditching the OPKs etc?
Thanks ladies xxx

I think I feel similar. I feel very jealous of all my friends who have all fallen pregnant straight away or by accident when here I am with a body that won't co-operate lol. I think it's easy to say to yourself you're going to relax and forget about it but it's hard to do all the time. I think usin OPKs, charting etc is fine as long as it doesn't consume us, we all still need to have fun...sometimes I am annoyed at myself for feeling bitter! Trying for a baby should be exciting! Sorry piggy-backing your vent! :-/

Sorry to be on a downer but something just occurred to me! I realized that had I have fallen pregnant straight away (like the lucky few who do) I would have been almost due by now!! This thought has really depressed me, and Im not sure how much more I can take!!
Does anybody else feel this way? Im not going to stop trying, but sometimes I do feel like throwing in the towel and letting go of obsessing about it. When I conceived my DD I was really relaxed about the whole TTC thing and she ended up being a lovely surprise. Do you think I would be better off doing that, or am I just going to set things back by ditching the OPKs etc?
Thanks ladies xxx

Hi Hun, firstly hugeeeeee :hugs: sent your way I know exactly how you feel and they do say not obsessing about it and having a more relaxed approach will benefit and conceiving is much easier....not easy though.

I conceived (sadly ended in mc) but we were ntnp and was a surprise to me, a really lovely one of course, however now since that its been something I want more than anything and each month I say ill be laid back about it but I'm terrible for symptoms spotting every month.

It's so heartbreaking and frustrating I feel your frustration. The ntnp approach I think will benefit you it's just whether you can take a back seat.... I certainly can't, I've tried and failed :dohh:

I'm seeing a psychic on 28th June, ill know of I'm pg or not by then but I've heard so many good things about her and apparently she's always sprint when she mentions pg and in that area basically so I'm going for that reason, obviously I won't tell her that :blush:

:dust: to you

Xxx

I think I feel similar. I feel very jealous of all my friends who have all fallen pregnant straight away or by accident when here I am with a body that won't co-operate lol. I think it's easy to say to yourself you're going to relax and forget about it but it's hard to do all the time. I think usin OPKs, charting etc is fine as long as it doesn't consume us, we all still need to have fun...sometimes I am annoyed at myself for feeling bitter! Trying for a baby should be exciting! Sorry piggy-backing your vent! :-/

I charted for one month and after such a positive chart I decided to forget it this time as I really convinced myself I was pg last cycle.
Although I'm far from laid back I have said that not temping or using opk will help a little, ill just enjoy the bd and do it as much as poss :sex: like you say it should be fun and enjoyable not like a bind on us xxx

Thanks hun, I think sometimes just hearing others say they feel the same helps us to maintain a bit of sanity!!! Im totally with you on the jealousy thing. Since I started TTC soooo many friends and relations have announced surprise pregnancies that I just cannot understand how it isnt happening for me! Im glad you contributed to my vent!! xxxx

Thanks ladies xxx

Hi Hun, firstly hugeeeeee :hugs: sent your way I know exactly how you feel and they do say not obsessing about it and having a more relaxed approach will benefit and conceiving is much easier....not easy though.

I conceived (sadly ended in mc) but we were ntnp and was a surprise to me, a really lovely one of course, however now since that its been something I want more than anything and each month I say ill be laid back about it but I'm terrible for symptoms spotting every month.

It's so heartbreaking and frustrating I feel your frustration. The ntnp approach I think will benefit you it's just whether you can take a back seat.... I certainly can't, I've tried and failed :dohh:

I'm seeing a psychic on 28th June, ill know of I'm pg or not by then but I've heard so many good things about her and apparently she's always sprint when she mentions pg and in that area basically so I'm going for that reason, obviously I won't tell her that :blush:

Xxx

LOL you are completely right! Once you have started on the whole tracking/obsessing/ trying to control what is out of your control it is so hard to go back to a more relaxed way!!!
My partner is thinking it might happen when we are in Cyprus (at the end of this month). Lets hope he is right!
I thought about the psychic thing too, however I dont think I would be able to look at it as a bit of fun and would be so disappointed if it didnt ring true. Would love to know what they say to you though, if you are willing to share? Ive visited a few in the past (not TTC related) and some have been spookily right about personal things which have been too unique (to me) to have just been a random comment they say to everyone! Good luck xxx

Thanks ladies xxx

Xxx

LOL you are completely right! Once you have started on the whole tracking/obsessing/ trying to control what is out of your control it is so hard to go back to a more relaxed way!!!
My partner is thinking it might happen when we are in Cyprus (at the end of this month). Lets hope he is right!
I thought about the psychic thing too, however I dont think I would be able to look at it as a bit of fun and would be so disappointed if it didnt ring true. Would love to know what they say to you though, if you are willing to share? Ive visited a few in the past (not TTC related) and some have been spookily right about personal things which have been too unique (to me) to have just been a random comment they say to everyone! Good luck xxx

Of course, yeahh ill share my experience from the psychic, I'm really excited but ill be gutted to hear anything bad of course, like you will never have children ill be so upset :cry:
Two of my friends went, separately and they were told things about each other, basically that the one of them was gonna have a mc, then she said to my other friend your close friend is going to need you beginning of next years due to a mc.....the psychic didnt know they knew each other as they went separate dates etc. That had made me hopeful that she knows what's she's on about, also there's been a lot of things she's said that are too personal and can't be adapted to me for example, I know some say things so vague that whoever they said it to it would be right for them lol.

Anyway back to the TTC..... Holidays are always good, I'm going to Spain 28th but my oh is staying here as I'm having a holiday to see my mum and me and oh are having a holiday later in the year together so I have no hope there....just hoping I've conceived this time round.... I pray! Else I'm like u each cycle that goes by without a :bfp: I get more and more down and think forget this I am giving up I can't handle the hurt and upset of the :bfn: anymore xxx

Thanks ladies xxx

Xxx

Of course, yeahh ill share my experience from the psychic, I'm really excited but ill be gutted to hear anything bad of course, like you will never have children ill be so upset :cry:
Two of my friends went, separately and they were told things about each other, basically that the one of them was gonna have a mc, then she said to my other friend your close friend is going to need you beginning of next years due to a mc.....the psychic didnt know they knew each other as they went separate dates etc. That had made me hopeful that she knows what's she's on about, also there's been a lot of things she's said that are too personal and can't be adapted to me for example, I know some say things so vague that whoever they said it to it would be right for them lol.

Anyway back to the TTC..... Holidays are always good, I'm going to Spain 28th but my oh is staying here as I'm having a holiday to see my mum and me and oh are having a holiday later in the year together so I have no hope there....just hoping I've conceived this time round.... I pray! Else I'm like u each cycle that goes by without a :bfp: I get more and more down and think forget this I am giving up I can't handle the hurt and upset of the :bfn: anymore xxx

Me too. It gets a little harder each time, doesnt it?

Ive just noticed your ticker. Im 6DPO today, so not that far behind you! Sending you lots of luck and hopefully we will both have good news really soon!!! Lets hope you dont need that psychic after all! If you are pregnant this cycle, her picking up on it would be good proof of her validity too xx

Thanks ladies xxx

Xxx

Me too. It gets a little harder each time, doesnt it?

Ive just noticed your ticker. Im 6DPO today, so not that far behind you! Sending you lots of luck and hopefully we will both have good news really soon!!! Lets hope you dont need that psychic after all! If you are pregnant this cycle, her picking up on it would be good proof of her validity too xx

Aww that would be so nice to share our :bfp: !!!
Fx'd for you Hun :hugs:

I will see the psychic regardless of my test, whether I'm pg or not, will be interesting either way and will prove her skills won't it :thumbup:

Xxx

Hey ladies. I am definitely in the same boat. We've been trying for 17mos :(

Its so hard not to be completely discouraged & depressed about the whole thing. I even told my husband last nigh that if I'm not pregnant this cycle, I'm not sure I can try anymore. This cycle was my first round of Clomid & progesterone supplements, though. I'm sure I'll keep trying. Its just so mentally, physically & emotionally exhausting.

I'm 6DPO today too, btw :)

Its so hard not to be completely discouraged & depressed about the whole thing. I even told my husband last nigh that if I'm not pregnant this cycle, I'm not sure I can try anymore. This cycle was my first round of Clomid & progesterone supplements, though. I'm sure I'll keep trying. Its just so mentally, physically & emotionally exhausting.

I've been trying for some time too, I have a hospital appt two weeks tomorrow and its for tests as I'm convinced something is wrong me with although I've conceived in the last, it ended in mc, so whether its that I don't always O or oh has a low sperm count I don't know..... But need some answers xxx

Im sorry to hear that. Its surprising how many of us are making ourselves miserable over TTC. I always though that it would happen quickly this time, having had one baby already, but it is proving even harder than the first time! Im now cursing myself for being on the pill for so long!!!
When are you planning on testing? I am going to 'try' to wait til AF is late, as I am getting depressed at seeing BFNs! Having said that, waiting is easier said than done!

Good luck anyway xx

After just one month - and now early AF (I'm not going to even bother trying to convince myself it "might" be IB) I will not be continuing "trying" next month. So as long as this spotting or early AF whatever it might actually be (no tampon, no pad and no leakage at all, just AF when I wipe) I will be NTNP.. :) Good luck on your BFP :)

Im sorry to hear that. Its surprising how many of us are making ourselves miserable over TTC. I always though that it would happen quickly this time, having had one baby already, but it is proving even harder than the first time! Im now cursing myself for being on the pill for so long!!!
When are you planning on testing? I am going to 'try' to wait til AF is late, as I am getting depressed at seeing BFNs! Having said that, waiting is easier said than done!

Good luck anyway xx

I have 3 other kids (ages 6, 3 & 3), so I was definitely expecting to conceive in no time. My other children were all conceived within the first two cycles of ttc. I was very naive thinking it would be so easy this time.

I'm 7DPO today so I'll probably at least TRY to wait until 12DPO to start testing. We'll see if I can holdout that long. ;)

Good luck anyway xx

I have 3 other kids (ages 6, 3 & 3), so I was definitely expecting to conceive in no time. My other children were all conceived within the first two cycles of ttc. I was very naive thinking it would be so easy this time.

I'm 7DPO today so I'll probably at least TRY to wait until 12DPO to start testing. We'll see if I can holdout that long. ;)

Good for you, I see no point in keep testing every day either. Ive never had a BFP until after AF was due, so I think Ill hold out til then (if possible).

Lets hope this is a lucky month for everyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"