Has anyone else started a registry yet?

bunnyblonde

Reaction score
I know its super early and if anything happens id be really disappointed but has anyone else started a registry? I've already picked out a crib and the matching furniture. i even have some gender neutral baby clothes in my amazon cart. am i crazy? this is my 1st baby so i may be overly excited. i don't want to jinx it by looking too early but I'm so excited. i want to get the blood test done at 9 weeks so i can even find out the gender right away. i can't wait to start shopping for tiny things.

Not crazy at all. If something bad is going to happen it will happen regardless of whether you have a registry or not.

The way I see it is the earlier I buy the more I have :)

:hugs:

started and completed! lol We've even bought a few gender neutral 0-3 months gowns/sleepers and collecting Diapers and wipes. This is my 3rd so I know pretty much what I'll be needing so my registry really isn't that large.

I have a private Amazon wish list but only for little things because we don't need the big items. when I see thing price drop I might buy them.

We started ours early too and it's pretty much completely finished now. It's basically whenever you want. I know a lot of people wait until they're further along, but we just have such a jam-packed schedule in the next few months between the holidays and moving into a townhouse in February, I figured when we next had a chance to get it done, I would be huge and wouldn't want to walk around a store for hours. I feel better that its done, tbh. It's one less thing that we have to do before Alex gets here and makes me less stressed. Plus it was fun! So if you want to do it early, you go right ahead and do it early. :)

I don't think it's crazy, it's easy to get caught up in the excitement for sure. I'm not buying anything until after the 20 week scan (hopefully we can find out gender then too); we decorated the nursery after my 12 week scan and then I had a later loss and so the nursery was ready and no baby. That was hard to cope with.

I agree with others that if you have a loss it won't be because you've brought something, I guess just don't go too crazy as it hurts like hell when you see all the things you've brought and should something happen. That said, we will use the nursery for this baby, fingers crossed that everything works out ok.

Xxx

When I was pregnant last time back in June (MC at about 7 weeks) my neighbor had brought me over gifts (sweet girl and no way I could have hidden it from her! lol).

I won't lie. It SUCKED having them in the house after I found out. Loading them in the car and taking them somewhere was painful.

BUT... I still say go for it!!!! Because if god-forbid anything happens, it's gonna SUCK anyway. there's no avoiding it. I don't think already having a registry is gonna make anything worse, and I CERTAINLY don't think you're "jinxing" anything at all.

You're happy! Be happy!! Enjoy happy!!! I am still grateful for every minute I was happy with my first pregnancy, even though I never got to bring them home.

Quick separate note: I was 10 weeks yesterday and just got my blood taken for that test. I find out the gender in two weeks (and hopefully that everything is great!). I can't wait!!!

Good Luckkkkkk!!!!!! wishing you a happy and healthy 6.5 months at this point?

I have it all picked out in my head... if that counts! I don't want to have an official one yet (although I would already have it finished if it weren't for DH:winkwink:)

There's some things I'm holding off on to see what the top rated things are in 8 months or to see when the newest product comes out like car seats and a monitor system. But I have all the furniture and random items picked out. I've picked some gender neutral clothes, a lot of grays and yellow and animals but I can't wait to find out the sex so I can pick out all the clothes!!!! I wish I could fast forward 8 months into the future. I want to meet little one!!!

We started our registry early too. It's too much fun to hold back and baby products are irresistible! If you need any registry ideas, these are the things that our boys loved the most. Almost all of them were from our registry. Happy shopping! https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/newborn-twin-baby-product-must-haves/

What's a registry ? Sorry never heard it before :)

It's basically like a wish list for big life events like weddings or babies. People can look up items you want at certain stores by searching for your names. Most registries will mark off what's been purchased so you don't get multiples of all of your gifts

Mee!! Already started it at 6 weeks IN STORE w a scanner lol. This is my second baby amd w my first I felt so rushed doing the registry I missed half of the great things that could have really helped me out once the baby was here. So this time I want to take my time. I don't see my bf everyday so we wanted to take time and do it together. The lady at the store was looking at me like I was stupid but I could care less lol. I do what I want :)

I picked so much out online!! I'm hoping I can get a gf or maybe even the baby's father to go with me to babies r us when I'm further along and know the sex and all that. I can't wait to pick out clothes. I'm getting my baby a little bear suit to wear next winter

We don't really do registries in the UK unless (occasionally) it's for a wedding, we have though made a list of everything we'll need to buy, won't be doing any buying though until we pass 24 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->